Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 17, 2018
Taped this looooong loooong ago and it is always fun to watch when the holiday season rolls around. Am revisiting some of the older Bloom County titles and figured this was worth a few dollars (used).

Well worth it. Unfortunately this is the hardcover version, so can't roll it up for emergency use should any cockroaches appear.
on December 3, 2017
We love the Opus Christmas special in my family and still watch a taped-off-tv version of it every year! I knew this would be a perfect Christmas gift for one of my family members, and I was right! We loved it!
on November 23, 2013
I've loved this story ever since I first got it a decade (more? less? ago. I have signed up to read to my son's first grade class in December, and I figure they'll like it too. :-)

It has just enough Bloom County warped-ness to not lose that flavor, but not too much to make it inappropriate...although I'll probably read it a couple times and make sure I don't need to edit out a line or two. :-)

Sometimes when you can't have what you really want, your friends doing what they can for you is plenty...

(That's my lame attempt at trying to create some moral to the story.)
on January 6, 2009
We have owned a copy of this book for years and bring it out every Christmas even though our children are grown. Now I get excited every year that a young child is on our gift list so that I can pass the magic along to another family. In this book Opus, the lovable penguin from the comics pages, longs to fly. After a near tragic accident on Christmas Eve, he discovers that his wings are just what is needed to save Christmas. He receives and unexpected reward at the end of the book to satisfy the desire of children of all ages for a happy ending while still not compromising the message of the book "be happy with who your are". This is one of those books that can delight adults who have space on their bookshelves for that special children's magic as well as delighting children who still love to sit with adults for storytime.
on January 12, 2018
It arrived a little more shopworn that I wanted, but it's out of print, so what are you going to do? Nice story, great artwork.
on January 9, 2016
I was thrilled to receive this before Christmas, especially since the estimated delivery date was Dec. 18 - Jan. 6; so the fact that it arrived so promptly was unexpectedly wonderful. The book was in the condition that was described (which was good). Overall I am exceedingly happy with this purchase and it made a perfect gift for the holidays. Also, the story and the message behind it were ideal for the season.
on January 28, 2017
Wonderful book, wonderful illustrations, wonderful story. A must read for families during Christmas. This book is out of print, but I got a "used" one - it was in perfect condition.
on December 12, 2017
This was my favorite book growing up
on August 4, 2017
Adorable story
on October 1, 2012
This is my favorite children's Christmas story! The Opus children's books are all fabulous, and everyone, adults and children both, should read them. All the characters are richly drawn. The books are hilariously funny, yet each one has a strong moral message. In this book, Opus wishes that he could fly like other birds, so asks Santa for wings that work. When Santa's sleigh crashes into the lake on Christmas Eve, Opus "flies" through the water and rescues Santa. As his reward for saving Christmas, the snow ducks pick Opus up on Christmas morning and fly him through the air. This book gives a message that each and everyone has his own gift or talent, even though we may not recognize it at first. And it also teaches us that doing good deeds for others reaps its own rewards.