Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 168 reviews
VINE VOICEon September 25, 2001
Not unlike most of the people who've reviewed this movie, I happened to stumble across this one. Why are the good ones always so hard to find?? Being a guy and all, I basically picked it up because of Katherine Heigl. After watching it, I think that the only thing that kept it from being promoted more was the not-so-original story of people switching bodies.
Yet, the movie is just sheer charm and fun. Both Danielle Harris and Heigl are an absolute joy to watch. Perfectly cast. Well-crafted and touching. Both stars show personalities that had previously not been shown in their other movies; making this a highly enjoyable movie that exceeds, by far, some of the more heavily promoted theatrical releases of the same genre.
Perfect movie for a rainy, boring day. Watch it multiple times and just feel good about being yourself and appreciate those around you.
on September 18, 2017
Fairly lame movie. Only bought it because it was filmed at my HS, otherwise, it's a waste.
on June 26, 2017
SAW THIS MANY YEARS AGO. GREAT ACTORS!!! HOW DO THE LOOK NOW...
on July 15, 2010
I loved this as a kid and now have it on DVD. It's one of the best Disney Channel original movies out there. I wish more of them were on DVD but very few of the older ones are.

The movie is about two sisters who switch bodies when one wishes on a star. It is kind of like the old version of "Freaky Friday" before Lindsay Lohan ruined that movie. I like it a lot.
on February 22, 2007
I first knew about this movie from a friend's recommendation. I love Grey's Anatomy and Izzie is my favorite in it so I wanted to watch Katherine Heigl's previous work. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by it. While the story is undoubtedly cliched, the girls' performances were great.

I liked Danielle Harris in this movie. She's funny and cute. She did both Hayley and Alexia-as-Hayley very well, especially the latter. That table dance at the cafeteria was hilarious! I do think that Katherine stole the movie, however. She had the harder job of playing a shy, insecure little girl trapped in a tall, gorgeous body but she did a beautiful job of it. Her every shy smile and excited squeal leaves us in no doubt that it is actually Hayley in Alexia's body. I especially loved the part when they were taking the Princesses' pictures for the paper and she was making these outrageous faces. I forgot how funny Katherine can be. It really makes me think her comedic talents are being underused in her show, but that's another story.

A small piece of trivia: Danielle Harris played the younger sister but she is actually a year-and-a-half older that Katherine Heigl. It made sense to reverse the girls' roles. Katherine is not only at least a foot taller than Danielle, she is also has the quintessential 'popular girl' look. Besides, since they were supposed to have switched bodies, each of them were playing their own age for most of the movie anyway. I think the girls were perfectly cast.

The supporting cast were also great. I especially enjoyed the performance of the actress who played their mother. She played her part as a mother torn between her motherly instincts and 'the experiment' convincingly. The rest of the cast really didn't have enough scenes to develop their characters but that's okay since the movie was about the sisters anyway. They did a good enough job given what little material they had.

Too bad they don't make wholesome movies like this anymore. We need more good, clean, funny movies like this.
on July 19, 2016
It won't play WTF!!!!?
on May 13, 2007
I remember when this movie first aired on Disney Channel. I loved the old made for TV Disney movies that they used to air (unlike today's Cheetah Girls and High School Musical), so I was extremely excited that they offer this on DVD instead of having to wait for it to re-air on Disney!

Although at times, Katharine Heigl's acting is a bit annoying (she has come a long way!) I love both characters so much. I have a sister, and it reminds me a lot of our relationship. I also just graduated with a psychology degree, so watching the parents is humorous. I love the fact that this is a teen movie, but it's much cleaner and wholesome than most of the other ones out there today.

I'm so glad that this movie didn't let me down. I hadn't watched it in over 5 years, so I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be quite as good as I remembered...

but don't worry. It was even better than I remembered.

I definitely recommend it.
on September 16, 2017
The DVD movie worked fine, but was not in the correct region code as the DVD was in region 4 (Australia ) and not region 1 (US).
on March 27, 2012
this is my favorite movie! i watched it as a kid and i fell in love with it. it's the best movie i've ever seen and a must see for everyone who hasn't. it's also pg rated so the kids can watch it too. my favorite person in the movie is katherine heigl growing up she was who i wanted to be. she is beautiful and in the movie popular, gets good grades, and gets all the guys. i love to watch this movie now to to get a chance to relive my childhood dreams. of course i have to admit my life isn't exactly as i used to dream but it's not totally bad.
on November 28, 2014
I bought this movie as a gift for my sister. She loved watching Disney Channel movies and this was one of her favorites! It is very similar to Freaky Friday but with sisters. It really is a good movie.