Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Wishing on a Star (Two-Lap Books)
Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 10, 2014
I used to read these to my mother. She suffered from Dementia. She loved to read though despite it all!! So please read to your loved one!! It is wonderful to hear their voice as they read, if you have someone who does not talk as much as they used to because of the condition.This really helped us connect many days.....fond memories. At first I thought it seemed too childlike, but my mother really connected. I highly recommend this book.
on August 14, 2013
My late mother adored this and Lydia Burdick's other books for memory-challenged adults. She read through them frequently with me and with other caregivers and was always delighted; they gently stimulated her conversational and observational skills. I have recommended them to many other caregivers. I wish there were more of them!

My only complaint is that the words "for memory-challenged adults" should not appear on the book--or should be on a removable sticker. My mother often read those words and asked about them, and knowing that she was memory challenged was not helpful to her.

Tinky Weisblat, author of Pulling Taffy: A Year with Dementia and Other Adventures
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 20, 2014
I am so grateful for books with large pretty pictures and large simple words for adults with memory problems. My Mom is 95 and has dementia and diabetes. She can read these and also likes to be read to because it is comforting and has pictures of elderly adults.
on June 13, 2010
I sent 'Wishing on a Star' and 'Sunshine On My Face' to my sister-in-law to read to my mother-in-law. They liked them so much that my SiL asked my MiL if she would like her to leave the books with the counselor for everyone to read. My MiL said, "No, take them home and bring them back to me. These are my books." Now that I know they really like the books, I'm going to send her the New Year's book.
on September 16, 2013
Great for reading to a senior with memory problems. The drawings are wonderful and pleasing. The size of the lettering is good for those with eyesight problems. Delightful book.
on April 1, 2013
This is perfect for my mother and for others in the memory care facility where she is residing now. I was so pleased to donate this book and the other two by Lydia Burdick written specifically for memory-challenged adults. The illustrations are beautiful. When I read one to my mother and showed her and another lady the illustrations their faces lit up! Thank you for making these available!!
on August 1, 2016
My grandfather was in the late stages of Alzheimer, so he wasn't able to do much of anything. Found this book and thought I'd give it a try. What a perfect book! He seemed to enjoy it, having it read to him and pointing at pictures that peeked his interest.
on May 27, 2016
Great for my dad! He enjoys it!
on April 21, 2015
Even though my husband can no longer focus due to his visual challenges, these books provide loads of conversation opportunities and he continues to enjoy hearing someone read to him. I'm finding them surprisingly enjoyable!
on February 20, 2016
I am a hospice volunteer coordinator and am always looking at ways volunteers can connect with their patients. I have had a couple volunteers use this book with their patients now and they were able to connect a little better. Thank you.