Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 25, 2017
this was my favorite book as a child. So excited they still sell it!
on May 21, 2017
Gently used and wonderful!
on September 26, 2015
Great little book for children about being kind to others
on February 12, 2001
What a pleasure to have a charming, funny, positive witch as a main character. My son loves this book. I'm happy to read it to him again & again because of the underlying lessons of acceptance and celebration. Thank You Mr. Bridwell! Blessed Be!
16 helpful votes
17 helpful votes
on November 2, 2002
if you are trying to stem the tide of public opinion about witches (to your child). Although I don't particularily like the depiction of the witch having a black house and sleeping upside-down like a bat, Bridwell DOES depict her as a good person and that counts for something. You may have to discuss with your child what spells are really all about, however.
3 helpful votes
on February 18, 2010
I love this book. I remember being so little and loving the friendly witch! I bought it just to bring back memories
on July 26, 2016
Awesome condition!
11 comment|Report abuse
on October 9, 2016
Loved this book as a child and now I love sharing it with my own children. 😊
on September 9, 2011
I just visited Mr and Mrs Norman Bridwell in Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard MA where they live. I am dog sitting for my sister who is vacationing in Hawaii. The "Witch Next Door" was not intended to be about any cult, religion etc. per Mr Bridwell. Norman Bridwell wrote it for his son Tim, just like any "fairy tale" for little girls. It is to teach tolerance and patience of all people and to all live together in peace. He told me that the publishing company took this book over the "Clifford Book" he presented at the same time. The publishing company rejected about approx. 120 of the Clifford books he wrote. They are the sweetest down to earth people I've met. Thank you and "best wishes" as he always writes with his signature. xoxo
on May 24, 2002
I enjoyed this book as a kid, and my kids love it now. Ever wished you had magical powers? What would you do with them? Well, the message of this book is that we should all try to help each other get along, even if we have magical powers. The kids love their neighbor, because she's friendly and nice. There are a series of books about the witch and they all involve fairness, friendliness, and good humor. Even when the witch confronts prejudice and gets angry, she doesn't get mean. She solves the problem in the nicest way possible.
These books are written by the author of the Clifford books, and just like Clifford teaches us about being good neighbors and getting along, these books have the same message. And they use magic as well! Pretty cool.
9 helpful votes