Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Witchling (Sisters of the Moon, Book 1)
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on August 8, 2015
I first read 'Witchling' a few years ago, and I knew immediately that it was one of those books which would take up permanent residence in my library, and would be one that I would read over and over again, along with the other books in this series. The D’Artigo sisters, Camille, Delilah and Menolly are halflings, a mix of Fae and human. Camille is a witch with a taste for bad boys. Delilah is a kick-ass shape shifter who shifts into a tabby cat when she is stressed out, and can get into almost as many strange situations in her cat form as she can in her human one. Menolly is fledgling vampire who is trying t deal with the issue of being undead. All three have their problems, but they are united in their desire to prevent the demon, Shadow Wing, from finding a way to get through one of the portals that separate the Subterranean Realms from the earth and the sisters' home realm of Otherworld. They have the assistance of Chase Johnson, a cop who helps police the fae that live in Seattle, and assorted other helpers, both earthly and Otherworldly.

The book is fast paced and never dull. Anyone who likes Laurell K. Hamilton, Kim Harrison or Jeaniene Frost should enjoy this book as well.
on January 4, 2015
I was originally intrigued by the idea of a three sister shifting narrative series. Especially when I read their descriptions and how different they are. The book started off a little slow for me as I adjusted to a new writer and style. I also felt like the action took a little while to build the interest. But once it did I was loathe to put this down. I enjoyed the introduction and what I'm hoping is a prelude to a four person relationship that will have some interesting minefields to navigate. I really liked that while this book is from Camille's POV the other sisters are explored through her eyes. It piques the interest of what goes on in their respective minds and how they perceive things, including Camille. The sex in this book while not necessarily intensely graphic is still explicit enough to have me cautioning younger or anti -erotic readers. The places are quick enough that they can be skipped over without missing anything plot wise aside from the furthering of a relationship. My favorite piece however, was the interaction with the dragon and Grandmother Coyote. I hope to see more of both of these characters in Camille's subsequent novels. Though I won't lie I'm very interested to read the next two sisters' books as well. Highly recommend for lovers of the genre and those looking to try it out.
on October 24, 2009
I found Witchling through dumb luck in the Amazon Kindle store, and I'm so thankful! Once I started reading the book I couldn't put it down. I identified with the characters, found the story enjoyable and filled with humor.

I really feel like the writer keeps the stories fresh by writing each book from a different sister's perspective. It allowed me to relate better to each character and to enjoy the books even more. I like that the stories do not shy away from the range of human emotion, including lust, love and pain.

I really feel that if you like supernatural/mystery/fantasy you will enjoy this series. Definitely give it a try! I feel like every book is better than the last.
on October 5, 2014
This is a great book...from beginning to end. I have to admit that I am confused when I read other reviews about this book...especially from those that give it one...two...or even three stars. I found every page and plot twist to be an absolute delight...as well as...the way she wove each of the amazing main characters into the story!!! The three sisters...though sisters by blood...are different in their own rights...one being a witch...another being a Were...and the third being a vampire. The three of them...work their powers together to fight the evil of demons who are out to destroy the Earth and OW (Otherworld)... I am going to continue reading the series...and I truly encourage others to read this book...and don't stop...until reaching the END!!!
on November 11, 2011
~Sisters of the Moon~
~Witchling~
~book 1~
~Half human, half faerie, Camille and her two sisters act as Earthside operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency, a gig they feel is more a way of keeping them at a distance than any promotion. With the Faerie court in disarray and a new demon lord in the Subterranean Realms making a power play to rule the known worlds, the sisters find their shaky magic and their allies the only line of defense. An emerging voice in chick-lit fantasy and mystery, Galenorn, who also writes as India Ink, branches off into romantic territory in the first of her Sisters of the Moon series. Romance readers looking for romance balanced with other elements may be a bit disappointed that the love story ranks a distant second here. However, those who enjoy Kim Harrison or Rachel Caine's Weather Warden series will feel right at home. Well-crafted fantasy abounds here, along with great character chemistry and an old-fashioned gumshoe--detective feel.~

*I thought this book Great!! yes the first couple of chapters were kinda slow But when a Series starts, it's going to be...Becuz you have to learn about the characters where there from what they do,etc..ect...
D'Artigo Sisters are half human,half fae,Camille is a witch,Delilah is a shapeshifter,Menolly is a vampire
their mother was half human, their is Faerie No their Not fairies like tinkerbell LOL!! they work for OIA (Otherworld Intelligence Agency) their Home is in the "OtherWorld" But were sent to Earth by OIA At the Wayfarer Inn, a portal to Otherworld and the local hangout for humans and beasties alike, a fellow operative, Jocko, has been murdered. Every clue points to Shadow Wing, the soul-munching, badass leader of the Subterranean Realms. He has made it clear that he aims to raze humankind to the ground. Our assignment: Keep Shadow Wing and his minions from creeping into Earth via the Wayfarer. The demons figure they're in like Flynn. we'll see about that! I JUST LOVE "Maggie" Camille's baby Gargoyle she's So Sweet!

this is my First Novel By Yasmine Galenorn I Really ENJOYED IT!! I think i'm Going to Enjoy this Series On to the Next CHANGELING book 2, I want to See what Happens NEXT!!
on July 10, 2015
The characters are creative and engaging. However, the writer has a lot of extraneous material slowing down the action.For instance, all the teasing and sexual innuendo with Chase didn't seem to go anywhere. You could take him out and the book would speed up. In addition, the author uses a lot of abbreviations for the organizations such as OW for otherworld and and OIA (??). When I ran into them, I had to remove my attention from the story to try and remember what they stood for. That happens far too often. By chapter 6, I just didn't care anymore about what was happening. I did not finish the book.
on October 4, 2017
This book makes me want to live in its magical Seattle area world.

I read the entire series, except book 1, last year. So glad I saved it for last. Great read.
on May 11, 2014
Its about three sisters that are not quite human. They are half human and Fae. But their powers don't work right sometime. This book is about Camille the oldest of the three. Her power is magic. She and her sisters were born in their father's world. Grown up being Halfling had their problems. Thou there father did love them. But they had to leave their world. And back to their mother world, Earth. Thou they had adjust to a world that believe. Being like Fae and Elves were myth. Never mind demons. They were part of human fae tasks force on earth to basic to keep the demon out the earth realm. And to pervert war. That a new demon want to start by taking over the earth. And Otherworld too.
VINE VOICEon March 10, 2009
Witchling is the story of Camille, one of three sisters, send from the Otherworld to Earth to act, in a sense, as spies. They are to keep the order and clean up the messes when order doesn't prevail. The sisters are half sidhe on their father's side, their deceased mother was human. Camille is a witch and can cast spells, although thank's to the human in her, they have the potential to backfire. Delilah is a werecat, but yup. She is literally a little tabby cat. Menolly was an acrobat but has recently become infected with Vampirism. With their own set of challenges, the girls must find out why other earthbound sidhe creatures are suddenly dying and why three demons have shown up on the Earth side of the earth/otherword portal. Camille is probably my least favorite of the three sisters. She can't decides if she is sexy and smart or a desaster prone goof. I don't like the fact the every man she met became attracted to her. I did like the side cast of characters, include human partner, Chase and Smokey (hah. the dragon). Still, the plot was slow at times, and I almost found I enjoyed the scenes of talking and discussing around the table better than the action scenes. Don't let that scare yo because their were plenty of actions scenes, several with nicely done twists. You don't want to miss what Camille rescues from one of the demons! I wasn't knocked off my feet by "Witchling" but I was bewitched enough to want to read on to "Changling", Delilah's first story. Delilah so far, is my favorite of the three characters.
on May 11, 2015
Okay had to work a bit on this one to lose myself in the world and characters - but in the end I enjoyed this read - although there were few details that kept niggling at me - one obvious one was the floor switching - first Camille said that she occupied the second floor of the home - the the first time she was up there it was the third floor and then the next time it was back to the second - so I had to try and ignore this inconsistency