Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on June 4, 2017
I was surprised when I purchased this. If it wasn't for a slight tear in the dust cover, I would rate it "mint". Great price, came quickly. I have some more old books I wish to get my hands on. I no longer have a fear of purchasing worn out abused books.
on June 26, 2017
For an insight into one of the more renowned Conservatives. (Not that I agree with much of anything about him.)
on February 8, 2009
Goldwater was the man. It's too bad more politicians don't remember him more. This book is a bit jumpy at times but it is a great look into this Goldwater's amazing and forthright mind.
on December 5, 2013
The description of the condition of the book was not true. I have purchased many "used" books through Amazon and all were in "good" condition. This one said "good condition" but this one is totally yellowed, dirty and I feel like I need to go wash my hands. I have never paid this much for a paper back book and never will again.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2010
Change the dates and one would believe that the events described were occurring in 2010. Thirty years after this book was written, political and social corruption are still prevalent in our society, only the names and dated have changed. Barry Goldwater was a true poster boy of the biased media. He was a statesman that was "understated". During his career, Goldwater was portrayed as a war monger and even a lunatic, while his true greatness was overlooked and diminished.
This was one of the best books that I have read in many years. one of those books that is difficult to put down.
What if Goldwater defeated LBJ in the 1964 election, imagine would our great country look like now?
on October 2, 2013
Goldwater spent years in the U.S. Senate and was an officer in the Air Force. He knows of what he speaks. He saw it all first-hand. Until you know what he saw, you are not aware of what really goes on in D.C. Too bad we don't have more like him. Read the book, you'll be glad you did.
on April 27, 2016
Haven't read it yet, but glad it's in my Library!
on May 9, 2010
It's too bad we didn't elect Barry, it would have made a vast difference in our country. Read what he says, it's enlightening even tho it's from a different age. The man knew what was afoot in the nation and knew how to stop it.
on November 17, 2013
This little book is a very good biography of a great man. It gives a lot of insight into the political landscape of the US in the mid 20th century. I think that much in this book explains some of the reasons we are in the mess we're in today.
on June 7, 2013
I sent this book to my brother for his birthday. Since he hasn't made any complaint, I assume it was to his liking. One day, I will order it and read it for myself. The list of books to read is long, and it may take some time, but we'll eventually get there.