Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on September 3, 2016
This is a four book series (so far, I guess). Starting 'With Violet Eyes', the premise is that people born with violet eyes have the ability to channel the souls of dead people who haven't moved on, often because they've been murdered. The Violets are often used in court to literally speak for the dead. It is an interesting concept, and the author has put a lot of thought into developing this alternate world. The books follow one particular Violet through various cases and situations. I would recommend reading the series in order so you can keep track of the characters as they come and go (but this is what I usually do with series - in fact, the reason I ordered this book was that I couldn't find it in used book stores or the library as I had the other three). Even though a few of the same characters are seen, or referred to, in each book, the four books are significantly different in the kinds of stories the author tells. He stretches his imagination with what might be possible with this kind of ability. Although 'souls' is used to name the lingering spirits of dead people, I appreciated the fact that the author doesn't speculate along the lines of religion. This is pure science fiction set in our day-to-day world. You'll probably want to be thinking of your own little mantra for the next time you go into a cemetery, though...
on May 4, 2017
If you enjoy a little sci-fi-fi mixed in with the mystery and action, this is the series for you! I do recommend you read the books in order to get the most from the plots!
on June 7, 2017
Started reading it and had trouble putting it down it was so riveting and an attention grabbed. I highly recommend this book!! Excellent author!!
on August 31, 2015
Purchased the kindle version so I could alternate between my PC and my smart phone. This second story of the series continues to be a very good read. It held the pace and kept my interest all the way through. I am getting the next two in the series.
on June 15, 2015
Kept me interested lots of twists and turns but easy to follow. An easy read, left me excited for the next book.
on June 19, 2014
excellent book, would really recommend if looking for something that will pull you in and keep your attention , this is the second book the first is violet eyes which is another excellent book :)
on April 21, 2013
Well, this is the sequel to Through Violet Eyes and I found it "ok" overall. The first story was much better and captivating. This is a fantastic author though and I love his idea.
on December 5, 2014
Really like Stephen Woodworth books.
on October 11, 2013
I have loved this series for a long time. Had it in paperback, but bought it again for my Kindle so I could relive the adventures!
on July 17, 2012
Great book...creepy and imaginative. Gave me nightmares, but in a good way. Natalie is such a strong character that you just can't help, but follow her to the end.