Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Withings WS-50 Smart Body Analyzer, Black” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 24% off the $149.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Withings WS-50 Smart Body Analyzer, Black
There is a newer version of this item:
- Ultra precise weight and body fat measurement with position control
- Heart rate measurement by stepping on the scale and continuous indoor air quality tracking
- Automatic upload of your measurements in Wi Fi and Bluetooth
- Health Mate app to visualize trends and improvements as well as calorie intake* (Available on iOS and Android, *in partner with MyFitnessPal)
- The scale interface is designed to help users center on the product to obtain accurate readings. Users who attempt to avoid accurate readings by rocking on their heels or toes will see values fluctuate.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Withings Smart Body Analyzer
The one-stop health tracking scale.
The Smart Body Analyzer measures your body’s stats and lets you know how healthy your living environment is. The scale automatically syncs your weight, body fat composition, heart rate and environmental data to your personalized dashboard available on the free Withings Health Mate app. Wireless connectivity of the scale makes set-up an effortless process.
- High-accuracy weight and body fat measurements with Position Control.
- Heart rate measurement by stepping on the scale.
- Continuous indoor air quality monitoring.
- Automatic upload of your measurements in Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Free Health Mate app to visualize trends and set goals (iOS and Android).
Full body knowledge
- The Smart Body Analyzer helps you master your silhouette.
- Track your weight and body composition.
- Understand the variations of the fat-lean ratio and Body Mass Index.
- Reveal trends, become weight aware.
Heart rate measurement
- Check your heart rate by stepping on the Smart Body Analyzer.
- If your resting heart rate drops over time, celebrate – you’re getting more fit!
Indoor air quality monitoring
- Continuous checks of air quality and carbon dioxide levels.
- Receive notifications of any high readings, letting you know to let in fresh air.
- Access your securely stored data whenever and wherever.
- Set weight goals and get coaching on how to get there.
- Compatible with over 160 partner apps such as RunKeeper and LoseIt!
-You can also track and compare your daily calorie intake thanks to MyFitnessPal compatibility.
One scale for the whole family
Designed for the whole family, the Smart Body Analyzer lets you easily create a user profile for each person in the household.
- Automatic recognition of the user on the scale.
- Allows for up to 8 different users.
Dress according to the forecast
Weigh yourself to choose the best clothes for the day thanks to the weather forecast display.
As you weigh yourself, the scale will display the weather and average temperature predicted for the day. Weigh in later in the late afternoon for the weather for the next day.
Personalize your screen
Select the order of how you want your information displayed.
Have a Withings activity tracker or use the Health Mate app to track steps? View your activity levels on the display screen of the Smart Body Analyzer.
Hassle-free set up and upload
With Bluetooth connectivity, the Smart Body Analyzer is easy to set-up.
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Compatible with Apple Watch and Apple Health.
- Allow your Smart Body Analyzer access to your Wi-Fi network in just a few clicks.
- After each weigh-in, data is automatically synced to your smart device.
|Compatibility||iOS: iPhone 4 or later, iPad 2 or later, or iPod touch 4th generation or later with iOS 7 or higher||Android compatibility (Phones and tablets with internet access 2.3.3 or higher)||Free application Withings: Health Mate||Over 160 + compatible apps and services as Runkeeper, MyFitnessPal, LoseIt!, Apple Health|
|Power Supply||4x 1.5V Alkaline cells (AAA)||Average battery lifetime of 1 year|
|Weight Sensors||Four weight sensors||Weighing range: 9 -> 396 lb||Patent pending body position detector for highly accurate weighing (Position Control)|
|Wireless||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, compatible with WEP/WPA/WPA2-personal networks||Bluetooth connectivity (Bluetooth Smart Ready)|
|Inside the box||1 x Smart Body Analyzer||4 x 1.5V Alkaline cells (AAA)||4 x Carpet feet for high-accuracy on carpet or rug||1 x Installation guide|
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Setup is easy, used my smartphone with bluetooth and Withings app to configure Wifi, did not have any problem with the setup, pretty user friendly. You need to create a Withings account directly in app or on their website.
User profiles allows the scale to automatically detect who is using the scale and if users are about the same weight you can easily select the profile during the weigh-in.
Weight capture and BMI is pretty quick (1-2 secs), body fat is about 2 seconds longer and heart rate is another 5 seconds so you need to stay about 10 seconds on the scale to measure everything, not bad.
The scale also measures CO2 levels and temperature every time you weigh-in and every 30 min.
It will only upload data when you weigh-in or once a day so don't expect to monitor your bedroom temperature/CO2 levels live when you our outside your home, it will only update once a day.
I successfully connected my account with runkeeper so I can track my running, you can connect to other dozens of web-services like MyfitnessPal, I would love to connect to Garmin Connect but this might be an issue on Garmin's side more than on Withings'.
What needs more testing: battery life, software update/upgrades, third-party compatibilities.
Overall, it satisfies my geeky person, I'll post an update if some issues come up.
UPDATE 04/24/2014: After about a year of usage the scale is still going strong, changed the batteries twice so that's about 5-6 months per set as I said in my last update. Withings also finally enabled the button on the top of the scale. With a simple touch you can get the CO2 level and temperature without having to weight yourself.Read more ›
The 1 star rating is for the rapid obsolescence and lack of customer service support regarding this issue. As a consumer, at this price point I am baffled as it lies dead in our dressing area when side by side to my $40 scale that is still ticking after 6 years! If considering spending the $150 for a scale buyer beware you may be replacing this again in a year because customer service is near impossible to connect with to resolve. Extremely disappointing because I loved ours so much. Maybe our model was a manufacturing dud. Zero contact has been returned after 3 attempts of logging issue via their website. Due to this it has me not going back out and buying another Withings Scale. My 6 year old scale should not be outlasting Withings at a third of the price!
Scale set up easy enough, and has been working fine for the three months we've owned it. Had to change batteries, and in the process, one of the springs/terminals inside the battery compartment went flying away to parts unknown, possibly eaten by a dust bunny.
I goo to the website to get a phone number for customer service, and only see a web form to fill out for help. Two weeks, four emails, and still not a word from the Withings company. And all I'm asking for is to buy a simple little part...
So now we've got the world's most expensive door stop, for lack of what is probably a .50 cent clip. Buy this product if you need a well working scale, but don't expect support or help.
UPDATE: It's now been a month and a half, and still no reply from customer service. Not impressed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
When I first purchased this scale I was hesitant about how easy it would be to set up and how well it would work. It has far surpassed my expectations with a simple set up. Read morePublished 9 hours ago by Amazon Customer
It will not sync consistently. Almost no luck with wifi and poor luck with bluetooth.Published 23 hours ago by Carl Steinhauser
Excellent device. Easy to set up and use. Very motivational to loose weight.Published 1 day ago by S. Sontjens
After 6 months, my wife was stepping off if the scale and it tilted up a bit then came down and completely shattered. I called support, tweeted withing and they just don't care. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Milloud
Has worked well so far. Yes the weight varies over time of the day, but so does our bodies. Set up was very easy. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Scott
Between wifi and bluetooth, it still needs to be reconnected every morning. Customer service says I need to have my scale within 10 feet of my wifi (which is in the family room). Read morePublished 3 days ago by Socalgal428