- File Size: 4089 KB
- Print Length: 35 pages
- Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks (September 27, 2011)
- Publication Date: September 27, 2011
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005JSK238
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10,416 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Price set by seller.
The Witness for the Prosecution Kindle Edition
|Length: 35 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $2.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
As far as the story, it involves a man, Leonard Vole, who comes to an attorney after being charged with the murder of an elderly woman, Emily French. As the case seems to build against Vole, the lawyer begins to call in alibis and evidence that will clear his defendant. He looks for help in Vole's wife. The story builds up to the trial, but things get a little off the track when an unexpected witness turns up.
Witness for the Prosecution is a fine example of Christie's skill and mastery at mystery in short story form. If you haven't read her works, this is an excellent place to start. The aforementioned 1957 film is also superb.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > British Detectives
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Traditional Detectives