Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(2 star, Verified Purchases). See all 5,475 reviews
on April 25, 2017
This DVD froze up in the same exact place, every time we tried to watch it. I tried it on 3 different DVD players, so I'm sure it was a defective DVD! I sent it back.
on December 28, 2016
Got the 70th edition even tough sticker on DVD said 75th
on January 10, 2017
it was poor quality and old fashioned tv box screen.
on September 23, 2016
excellent
on March 10, 2016
I bought this Wizard of Oz 3-D version strictly to watch on my new LG OLED tv. I had read many reviews here on amazon and they were mostly very good. But I was very disappointed when I watched it. The 3-D was not good at all. It appeared fragmented at times and the depth was mediocre at best. Certainly not the 3-D that my tv has displayed on other 3-D blu rays such as Avatar which was phenomenal. I will be very hesitant to purchase any older movies that have been "converted" to 3-D. The fact that they weren't shot in 3-D using two camera probably accounts for the differences.
on March 11, 2014
This is not a reflection of the movie The Wizard of Oz, which I believe to be one of the BEST movies of all time and I have thoroughly enjoyed introducing my children to this movie, but there is something messed up with the DVD itself. When I put it in to play, the Blue ray logo appears on the screen for an incredibly long time. So long, that I thought the DVD was not going to play at all, and after several attempts, and testing on another BluRay player, I sent it back for a new one. Received the new one, and it did the exact same thing. Only I was more patient and after a good 5 minutes, it finally started playing. It's very frustrating and disappointing and makes me want to just get the plain old DVD rather than Blu Ray in the future.
on February 9, 2013
Whether it's Amazon's streaming service or the digital copy of the film itself, this beloved film was difficult to watch due to stopped action at what seemed to be every scene or camera angle change. The 'freeze' only lasts an instant, but was very distracting as it happened through out the streamed content. There was also flashing that was horrible during the b&w oncoming tornado crossing the field scene. I watch streaming vids all the time from Netflix and other sources and have never scene anything like this before from any other on-line source. It's too bad there were so many technical flaws in the streaming film content because the Technicolor restoration of the film is quite dazzling otherwise.
on April 3, 2017
Still in non-"Letter-box" or 16:9 format, the old fashioned 4:3 ration. The attempt to do 3D is lauded, but it fails to excite and not really worth buying this "again" assuming you already have it in DVD or even Blue Ray. I guess the original 16:9 format is lost forever.
on February 5, 2016
Classic movie, I am not an expert in technology but I am read somewhere that film should be higher than 1080 resolution, so I am a little disappointed that the remastered blu-ray isn't sharper, there is too much digital noise. I compared this movie to blu ray, sound of music. Sound of music was a much better image. I was really looking foward to the vibrant sets and costumes. Thus two stars
on March 23, 2015
Don't get me wrong, I love the movie. We tried unsuccessfully for the better part of the rental period to watch it and it would not stream properly. I am not sure if the trouble is on Amazon's end or ours. We do not have any difficulty streaming other movies.