Wolf Beer Mug - Satin Black Food Safe Glaze - 20oz - Wolf Drinking Horn / Rhyton An Ancient Roman, Greek, and Persian Drinking Vessel - Made To Order
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This proud wolf is a new creation by Mad Dragon Design. This Wolf Mug is great for Parties, Costumed events and Collectors of Wolf Artwork.
- Unique, Fun and Bold Drinking Horn Design based of an ancient design known as a RHYTON.
- Satin Black Glaze over Durable Stoneware Ceramics.
- Sculpture Quality Design and Craftsmanship Made By Chischilly Pottery (Trusted Online Seller for over 4 years) In Arizona, USA.
- Fully Functional drinking Vessele and Work Of Art Made to Be Used and Displayed. Great Bar-ware for home bars or ask you favorite Bar/Pub to use your personal beer mug.
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Introducing our newest original design, The Wolf, a rhyton-style drinking horn that makes a great beer mug for any lover of Fantasy worlds like Game of Thrones, or lovers of Wolves themselves. This mug is a sculpture you can drink from. Its’ design qualities make it suitable for display when not in use as a very cool drinking vessel and it would make a perfect accent for your home bar. It would be a unique gift idea for the unique people in your life whether they be nature and wildlife lovers or into Fantasy, Festivals and Role Play Games. After a Greek victory on Persia, much silver, gold, and other luxuries, including numerous rhytons, were brought to Athens. Persian rhytons, which appear in Athens suddenly in great quantities after the war, were immediately imitated by Greek artists. Most of the original rhytons were "bottom's up cups" that were set down on the rim when they were emptied. I have redesigned the cup with a tripod arrangement so that it may be set down after about one third of your drink is finished. This is a hand made work of art designed and crafted with great care and artistry by Chischilly Pottery in Bisbee Arizona. Each piece is unique with subtle differences in the glaze. Sometimes the black liner glaze at the mouth of the cup is uneven or covers more or less area due to it being glazed by hand. Some glazes crackle and appear to be cracks in the glaze but this is an effect of the glaze and not a flaw or defect. Crackle Glazes add to the unique nature of hand made works of art. Please examine the pictures closely. Sometimes there are extremely small pinholes in the glaze that are unavoidable. We are not a mass production manufacturer. We make each order by hand individually and ship only the best pieces to fulfill our customers orders. No two pieces are exactly alike yet we strive for quality and consistency of the highest level that human hands can produce. This is the nature of handmade artwork as well as part of its appeal.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I will certainly be ordering more for home.