Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 108 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on December 10, 2013
This winder is not cheap, but it delivers. It's completely silent in operation, has several programmable modes, and its design can handle very large and/or thick watch cases. I'm using it with an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean XL -- it's a 45.5mm case that is 16.9mm thick. I had to return a different winder because its design simply couldn't handle The Planet Ocean's watch case -- there wasn't enough clearance. That's not a problem with the Wolf winder's design, it's plenty roomy and can handle the largest watch cases. If you have a big wrist, don't worry, the winder can also accommodate a very large bracelet.

I've only owned my Wolf winder for a couple of months, so I suppose the real proof of its value will be if it is still working a few years from now. Wolf Designs has a solid reputation so I anticipate owning it for a very long time.
on November 23, 2016
I had to return this winder to Amazon. It worked fine for a couple of days. Then the drum that you attach the watch to would fall out while it was rotating. Luckily this unit has a door, and because it was closed the watch and drum remained in the unit although no longer rotating. The watch I was using this winder with is not light, but not that heavy (an Ebel self winding chronograph). The drum slides in horizontally, where the two plastic arms make contact with a revolving back plate. While it worked fine for a couple of days, I think the tension on the arms gave way and the weight of the watch (which is on the outside of the drum) caused the drum to fall outward an break contact with the revolving plate. Amazon is sending me a new replacement unit. I hope it does not have this same problem With all the positive reviews of Wolf winders, I am hopeful that is is not a common problem.
on July 30, 2016
I like almost everything about this watch winder, but...after owning a little less than a year, I noticed that the "cuff" that holds the watch easily slips out if the barrel when I take out same to wear the watch. This just started happening. Something is not working right - either the prongs for the "cuff" have become weak, or the ridges in the barrel are getting worn. Whatever the problem, the watch is not being wound because the barrel is rotating around the cuff. I have been diligent about snapping the cuff into place, and hearing the click. I was happy with this winder up until now. It looks good and appears to be well-made. I will note that the first one I ordered was defective, in that the motor was making jerky movements. The replacement has been fine, up until this issue. It supposedly has a two-year warranty, so we'll see what happens when I make a claim. Five stars if it didn't have this problem.
on November 11, 2014
My watch is a Stowa Prodiver. My first winder was a cheap model that didn't last long. I decided to bite-the-bullet and replace it with a quality winder and chose this Wolf Designs unit. It's outstanding! Build quality is very nice and it runs whisper quiet (essentially silent). My watch fits securely on the cuff and it attaches securely into the winder drum. My winder came from Amazon and by all indications was new (as it should have been), but there was no paperwork in the box. I had to do some internet research to figure out that to get 700 TPD bi-directional, you have to set the Wolf winder to 350 turns and bi-directional to get 700 total turns. I like that the Wolf winder does its winding in a few chunks of time separated by short rest periods (all winding accomplished in about 6 hours based on their website FAQ indicating 18 hour sleep phase after all winding complete) vs. my old cheap winder that spread all of its turns over the entire 24 hour day. One last note is to be aware that the manufacturer's warranty likely won't apply if you don't purchase the winder from an authorized dealer (who generally charge a lot more than the non-authorized dealers).
on January 28, 2017
I purchased this winder as a replacement for a Rapport London EVO9. At half the price, the Wolf Viceroy is an exponentially better winder. The ability to program the number of rotations per day, the winding direction, and even time delay is hard to find even in the most expensive winders. It's beautifully designed and the quality of the materials and workmanship is very impressive. Even the box it was packaged in was high quality. The cuff seemed a bit too big for my watches (even when compressed), so I ended up buying a small cuff directly from Wolf. The Amazon price (at the time I purchased it) was absolutely unbeatable.
on November 21, 2014
One of the very best in this price range!
I have had several Winders in the past, Invicta Spin-R / Heiden Vantage Double / Diplomat / Versa / Brookstone / Orbita.
In my opinion, this is the most advanced programmable watch winder with lots small details & attentions put into its design and functions by Wolf Designs engineers.

-Extremely silence motor action that you really have to try hard to hear it running with cover closed, where those above brands I have owned are just noisy if you sleep with them.
-Pillow type watch holder makes it a perfect fit to all watchs with no suffering on size matching issue!
-Handles heavy watch well with no issue!
-Elegant exterior design for the luxury looks and interior quality also well manufactured.

A pleasure to buy item shipped directly from Amazon to New Zealand! Item is very well packed and Amazon uses DHL express as a standard shipping to New Zealand in a very well priced cost. Item arrived very fast with no issue at all!
on December 20, 2014
It looks elegant and classy, so you can use it as a decorative piece on top of functionality. The leather feels good; the buttons, knobs, and display don't feel cheap or tacky; and it reliably winds my watch overnight extremely quiet.

My watch hasn't been to a dead stop since I've purchased and used the winder. You definitely don't want your watch coming to a complete stop due to lack of winding, as it can cause inaccurate time out sometimes not start back up. My last Rolex came to a complete stop and never came back up without maintenance done to it.

Since I purchased a new Rolex, I knew I needed a reliable watch winder this time. After plenty of reviews and research, I'm glad I went for it. With these, you get what you pay for. The others I've seen within this price range were not on the same level of quality.

It's very easy to setup, which was done in minutes. It's a very straight-forward product. I would suggest looking at the manual for settings that match your model. I looked up my watch, and it states that I should do 650 rotations per day. There is a setting four it, but I choose to do both directions of rotations at 350 each way.

My only complaint is that the hole where you insert the watch is pretty narrow. That means, you have up be fairly careful at putting the watch into the hole for the rotator. If you're careless, you can easily scratch the band of the watch, unless it's actually a soft material, but I haven't tested that with a several thousand dollar watch.

This product is generally for nicer watches or watch collectors (but I'd go for the multiple watch winder at that point), but it can be used for casual watches as well. I would recommend this product, if there was a need for a winder.
on July 30, 2014
The winder has worked well since purchase - the number one criteria for winders. Cheaper winders have broken easily and quickly - Wolf has solid motor and mechanics. The various knobs for settings are a little awkward, but once setup work reliably. One note, the watch holder has to "click" in to the winder cup, or the watch can pop-out and stop the winding process by jamming up the works. The latch is a bit weak and not as mechanically precise as I'd like to see - and the key is useless. I do like the flexibility of choosing how many rotations per day and directions to wind. The actual algorithm is a bit unobvious, so look at the manual which shows how many winds in which periods of hours.
on January 7, 2014
She bought this for me as my other watch winder is full and I needed another I could take on trips rather then a bulky 8 slot one.
I really do like it. It seems sturdy and it is quite aesthetically pleasing in all aspects.
It does its job quite well but I do not like the fact the lcd does not illuminate.
It is very quiet as well!
It ran a full 600 rotations and my AP is very happy!

Why does it lose a star?
The metal locking mechanism on top does not lock without the key being turned which in turn makes it not possible to close it without the door falling down. I am not sure if that is an issue mine has or if its standard so I may be sending it back. That really would not be an issue if the key was not so small. The fact its so small makes it very easy to lose.

I will update the review when I can either get another unit or figure out the issue with this unit.

UPDATE: Amazon sent a replacement and I am very happy with the new unit. The lcd illuminates and the locking mech works properly. I do recommend this for travel use or for a starting off unit!
on November 7, 2015
Bought this watch winder for my husband's birthday, I spent some time looking at various makes and Wolf seems to be one of the best.
i must say I was very pleased with it, when it arrived,it was very nicely packaged to start with, bigger than I thought it would be and comes with plug adaptors for different countries which is a nice touch.
Nice faux leather,(doesn't look cheap like some can.)
Watch fits in nicely and held in place, no slipping as it rotates, it is also very quiet, can't hear it at all.
I bought this one as it has a few options, like how many turns it does per day and its multi directional too.
I am very pleased with it so far, displays your watch very nicely while working.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.