About the Product
- Experience intense first-person combat as you go up against oversized Nazi robots, hulking Super Soldiers and elite shock troops - all rendered in stunning detail with the id Tech 5 engine.
- Wolfenstein's breath-taking set pieces feature intense mountain-top car chases, underwater exploration, player-controlled Nazi war machines, and much more - all combined to create an exhilarating action-adventure experience.
- Collect ultra-advanced Nazi-tech! Break into secret research facilities and heavily guarded weapon stashes to upgrade your tools of destruction.
- Hi-octane action and thrilling adventure weaved together into a tightly paced, super immersive game narrative.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Supported OS: 64-bit Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Processor: Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
- RAM: 4 GB
- Hard Disk: 50 GB available space
- Video Card: GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
- Additional Requirements: AMD Radeon users: Please install AMD Catalyst 14.4
Steam account required for game activation and installation
|Supported OS:||Windows 7,Windows Vista,Windows XP,Windows|
|Hard Disk:||none specified|
|Video Card:||none specified|
Top Customer Reviews
I played this game on the following rig:
-CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.2GHz
-GPU: NVIDIA GTX 770 2GB @ 1367MHz/4100MHz (core/memory)
-RAM: Corsair 16GB 1600MHz DDR3
-HDD: WD Green 5400rpm (I think that's the speed)
This game has an excellent storyline that is developed very well. Each character you encounter (as well as the one you play with) has very realistic feelings and emotions that are portrayed very well by the vocal actors. You begin to become attached to each character, and want to drive on through the story to find out what happens to your friends (and your enemies).
The game has at least two playthroughs worth of replay value, as there is a key decision you make (choosing between two options) that determines how the rest of the game will turn out. I have examined the game's folder in Steam, and there are two variants of cut-scenes for each chapter that will play depending on which choice you make. About to go through my second playthrough of the game to see how the alternative would turn out.
It took me around 12-14 hours to complete the game on the second-to-last hardest setting, though I was looking for hidden items and health/ammo many times throughout the game to make sure I was prepared for whatever happened next. More on that in a minute.
Graphics: The graphics are very good, when speaking of maximum settings. My i7 rig with GTX 770 had no problem driving through the game with all of the graphic settings maxed. The graphic API used in this game is OpenGL.Read more ›
UPDATE: Added max stars. I'm several hours into this game and it is splendid! Like being apart of a 'movie'. Lots of fun stealthing around or just shoot-em-up! I'm impressed. Has not crashed, froze, flickered at all. Kudos to Bethesda, developers, art directors and designers. Good job!
The credits at the end shows how _huge_ was amount of work done, how many people was involved in a project: there's like 200 or so names in the list.
Machinegames - my congratulations, you're the best, guys.
PS: WtNO is a direct successor to a 1992 Wolfenstein 3D, i don't know why people comparing it to RTCW. All the patterns, including doors/secrets locations, f...g big robots, final bosses, collectibles - all that leads directly to Wolfenstein 3D, not RTCW.
The game takes you back in 1960s, when you have to fight Nazis after they won WW II. Don't you want to jump into the game and change it already?
Lots of FPS veterans and new players will enjoy this fast paced first person shooter.
With that being said, one probably should set right expectations for this game:
- if you want to jump into non-stop "shoot them all" action, you will love this game so much that you will want to play it over and over.
- but if you want some serious main story line (other than shoot them all), you might not enjoy this game as much.
One big "negative", you have to pick up ammo manually. However, when you think about it, it might not be as negative as you think, just more realistic. :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I just recently replayed this game after a two year break, and I had just as much fun as I remembered. Read morePublished 11 days ago by HattedSandwich
Fun game, but I will not download another game off of steam (the website you have to go to get game). Slow download rates, like it took 3 days to download game off of website. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Mike Ferguson
This game took entirely too long to load on my PC (four disks!) and never executed well at all. My PC is FAST and has a great video card but the game execution was choppy and so... Read morePublished 29 days ago by herbalist
Great story and graphics if your PC can handle it. It is more like playing through a movie with you being able to change the story largely in the beginning to make two whole... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Michael
Honestly I finished this game within a week, which should not happen for me, because I'm not any good at these things. Read morePublished 1 month ago by M. Murray
I have loved this game since it first came out on dos.Published 1 month ago by Mrs. Linda M. Tackett