Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven Rotisserie Series
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 20, 2014
The temperature control is WAY off and burns things in a heartbeat. The timer only works occasionally. I haven't tried the rotisserie.
0Comment| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2014
I just got one of these and have already returned it. Really poor quality product. Definitely not worth the price. Cheap build, didn't work properly when I got it out of the box (Rotisserie motor was dead). But most concerning is the external heat coming off the unit. There is no insulation between the inner oven heating compartment and the outside metal covering, so it gets as hot outside as it does inside. This thing almost melted my Corian countertop. I can't believe they can sell this thing with that fault. Wolfgang, if you are reading these reviews, you should pull this product. This is probably the worst thing for your reputation. This thing is junk! Do not buy one, you'll be sorry.
44 comments| 234 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2014
Favorable if not glowing reviews on the Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven appear on blogger sites by reviewers who received free ovens, except for one who reported the timer did not work. In February 2014 the oven has yet to be independently and objectively evaluated by any reputable consumer-testing organization.

This oven was sold on the Home Shopping Network, where 29 pages of reviews reveal that a significant number of purchasers reported quality control issues. Other purchasers had good reviews. With Puck's reputation, all customers should be raving about the quality of this product, but they are not. Perhaps a succeeding, improved model will achieve this status.

KitchenTek LLC is not a manufacturer in the traditional sense. It does not sell other products besides this oven or have its own website. It is a paperwork company located in Hollywood, Florida, that merely imports the ovens made for it by Zhongshan Guanglong Gas & Electric in China to a distribution network run by a company called Innotrac. Innotrac runs a customer call center in Pueblo, Colorado, for many companies, and ships orders for Puck's ovens from its Hebron, Kentucky, warehouse. This is not a negative observation, but explains why no replacement parts or repair service is available after the warranty expires.

While the concept for this countertop oven is good, at $299 for the rotisserie version, this is a high cost for an oven that appears to have quality issues and cannot be repaired once its warranty ends. After the research that I've done, I've concluded that I will pass on purchasing this oven for now.
5454 comments| 471 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2013
The pictures of this oven look great but it is cheaply made with inferior materials. Possibly hazardous. The outside gets as hot as the inside and will melt anything nearby. The controls barely seem to register. Used once and returned for a refund. What a mistake.
22 comments| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2013
Making a decision on this oven was not easy. The product literature makes this oven sound wonderful. I couldn't find many reviews from experienced users. About all I did find were a few shopping network reviews and several reviews from bloggers who had been provided the oven for free.

I nevertheless decided that I would buy the Puck Pressure Oven, IF parts were available after the 1-year warranty expired. Of course, parts might also be necessary during the warranty period, if one loses a knob or needs a nonwarranty repair.

To find out whether parts are available, I called 877-359-9747, the "customer service" number listed at the official website, puckoven dot com. The person at that number politely told me that this was just a call center to take orders. She put me on hold and found the "real" customer service number.

Soooo, I called 800-275-8273, the "real" customer service number. I was on hold for 27 minutes and change. A very polite rep finally answered and told me that parts are not sold separately for the oven and that Puck does not service them out of warranty. He told me that not even a knob is available for purchase.

Just to make sure that he understood my question, I asked him, "So if the heating elements or the rotissierie motor died after 18 months, I couldn't have the oven repaired. I'd just have to throw it away." He said, "Yes, throw it away unless a local appliance shop could find a way to repair it."

That was it for me. There's no Puck Oven in my future. I don't want to waste my time learning to use a $300 toaster oven that in all likelihood will wind up being thrown away.

If anyone else gets a different answer from Puck, please post it. I'd take a chance on this oven IF it was repairable.
1515 comments| 284 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2014
I have not cooked a lot of food in it yet as I just got it yesterday and although this is not the Rotisserie Version, this pressure oven worked well except that it got very hot on the outside and when I barely brushed it with my elbow by mistake it nearly burned me. I have contacted the main site to suggest insulating it for safety but I see lawsuits in their future if they do not. Made in China. Wolfgang Puck should have insisted on higher quality and safety standards before putting his name on it.
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2014
The puck pressure oven has inaccurate dials because they don't match up to the dot above each of them. Good luck finding the right time to cook the food. The pressure cooking mode takes much more time on my oven. Be sure to buy a digital instant food thermometer to check your meats accurately. Good luck.
on October 12, 2014
I loved it at first but now the rotisserie is not working. I am still roasting chickens in it as I love tender, fall off the bone chicken but it use to take me 4 hours in a terra cotta pot at 250 degrees. And, so far, I can cook in the oven for 45 minutes at 400 degrees and still get a good chicken. I am waiting for the rest of the oven to fall into disrepair before I throw it out.
on March 1, 2014
I have a Puck Bistro set of cookware (Made in China) that I love, so after reading a glowing review about this pressure cooker oven unit in my local newspaper foodie review section I went to Pucks website to purchase this as a Mothers Day gift for my wife. Every single review on Puck's website reiterated how stellar this unit is. Knowing there's always a bad apple in the bushel basket, this raised red flags for me. After finding reviews on HSN, YouTube, and here on Amazon from people who actually spent their own money on these units I will definitely pass on this planned purchase. Sorry Wolfgang, but if you're going to put your name on something you better make sure it's top shelf quality and not some cheap a$$ed piece of crap manufactured in China.
44 comments| 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2014
Absolutely love it. Use it every day from roasting a chicken to crisping up french fries. The only thing that was a con to me was that it didn't give enough info on times for foods. I wanted to do baby back ribs and had to figure it out on my own. If you use the pressure method at 300 degree it takes 45 minutes. Then I ramped it up to 450 without pressure on the roast setting to get the final glaze I wanted (15 minutes). I might have to write a cook book for the oven. One for every day cooks, not chefs! :)
4040 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse