Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on February 10, 2014
The Wolverine F2D14 does a pretty good job of converting images from my old 35mm negatives. The quality of the digital image seems to be more related to the cleanness and quality of the negative. With a clean negative in good condition I am getting good digital images. I have had some alignment problems for which I have ordered the Roll Film Adapter but that could be as much the fault of my old 35mm camera as the F2D14. If you are looking for a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to convert old 35mm negatives to digital you should be happy with this unit. If you want higher resolution they also have 20 megapixel units but the file size will increase.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 2, 2013
Had slides from 1939 on to scan to digital for the family archives. I also had boxes of snap shots to scan which this device will not capture. But, I discovered that I had saved a large number of negatives and was able to scan those. Adjustments can be made as to lightness and darkness and also configuration. In a few sessions, I scanned 500 slides. Well on my way to having a cupboard full of memories digitized.
on November 23, 2014
I was hesitant buying this slides scanner, as I learned from other reviews about issues with image compression and scanned area.
I can confirm that indeed, it does not scan the whole area of a slide, which in some cases can be pretty annoying.

As a whole I'm happy with this device, and I totally agree with one reviewer who said something like "having not so perfect scanned images of your slides which you can view *now* on your computer/TV is better than keeping them unseen for decades, while waiting to buy a better scanner sometime"
on August 20, 2012
While I have a few other issues, the factor that I find unacceptable for this slide scanner is that it does not scan the entire 35 mm slide. It shaves a portion off both the top and bottom of the slide. While a mm or two may not be significant for landscape shots (unless composition is tight), it does make a difference with snapshots of people. Grandma just doesn't look the same with the top of her head cut off, and turning the slide upside down doesn't work because then the person in the bottom half of the photo ends up without a chin. While Wolverine support tried to work with me, they did not offer a suitable solution. The bottom line is that part of the slide will be missing from the digital image. I would return the unit if I had not tried to work with their support so long that it made a return impossible.
on February 6, 2014
I bought this to help a friend convert her wedding negatives to digital so she could design a photobook. After reading reviews this seemed to be the best quality for the money, but I ended up being very disappointed. The color was unreliable, the images not clear, and the interface was actually rather slow and clunky. For the money I expected better, we may just end up going to a professional lab.
on April 17, 2013
I have been wanting to scan my old negatives and slides ( I have hundreds ) and this did the trick. For the price, it is well worth it. I had read others complaining that it was hard to use. It's called EXPERIMENT! I played with it a few times until I got the desired results. No it's not something that can edit photos, for that you need editing software! It does the job that it was designed to do, and so far have scanned about 300 negatives with no problem.

I am very satisfied with this product. I only wish it had come with a holder for 110 film and larger format film.
on June 18, 2013
In retrospect my expectations were pretty low since I thought I was taking a bit of a risk when I purchased it. You can upload straight off the device to your favorite online album through the USB cable to your computer. It takes longer to label the pics in your online album than it does to convert them off the slides. It's pretty intuitive, just add a SD card and start converting. You'll have it figured out after a few minutes of playing around with it. My photobug friends will hate it for not being good enough in some respect -- but let's face it -- the slides I'm scanning are not exactly works of photographic art. It's Grandma and pretty much everyone else on vacation, holiday pics and pastoral scenes. It's more than good enough to get those pics out of those boxes in your basement and off to your family. I'm not a 5 star review kind of guy but this little device is working hard for me without any issues after HUNDREDS of conversions and many more to go. When I am finished, I will probably give it as a gift to a friend so they can attack their stack of family memories. It's a problem solver.
on January 20, 2014
I read where someone had bought this item and had it working within 3 minutes of opening box. I took that to heart and tried this. This item is easy to use and I had my first of many slides converted within 3 minutes. Price was good and prompt shipping. I found that for some 35mm slides you have to play with settings to get that clear jpg file. But I was pleased with the ease of being able to do this.
on August 11, 2012
I recently found in my basement a box of 18trays of slides taken by my Dad who died in 1996. My son in law told me to buy this product to do what I wanted to do. It arrived yesterday and being that I am not electronic minded I was afraid I wouldn't understand. Boy was I wrong!!! This product is so easy to use and the pictures that are 50yrs old came out amazing. I like the idea that with the use of the memory card I was able to download the pics to the pc after and actually burned a dvd last night. The only thing is because there are many 1,000 or more slides I would suggest that you order more slide holders from the start. I ordered 3 more sets. One slide holder only holds 4. Also order the memory card. This product is just totally amazing and am glad that I have it. The slides I am viewing sure bring back alot of memories in my childhood.
on December 8, 2012
I bought this converter after extensively searching the web over a period of months. I live in South Africa, so didn't want to go to all the trouble of purchasing a unit, to find that it worked unsatisfactorily. However, I am VERY pleased with the results!

The reproduction is very good. The biggest problem that I have experienced concerns dirty / dusty slides. In some instances the compressed air that I have used to dislodge the hairs, etc is not enough. It has been suggested that I wash slides such as these, which I am loathe to do, as it would reduce the turnaround time of the conversion process, i.e. take out of frames, wash, dry and then re-insert into frames. I may yet do this on slides that are important.

I have 30-40 carousels of slides to convert to a digital format. I am tackling this job slowly, but surely, and publishing the photos on Facebook, restricting viewing to Family only. The feedback from my family who live around the globe has been overwhelmingly enthusiastic.

I recommend purchasing a 4GB or higher memory card to go with the unit, and a couple of tins of compressed air.

A question I have is - how long will the light in the unit last? Is there a minature globe that can be replaced?
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse