Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wolverine Men's W08289 Wolverine steel toed Boot
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on August 24, 2014
I bought these boots in August 2013. I thought I would give them a year in order to write a review. I wear these boots everyday for 8+ hours a day at work and also wear them at home when I am doing any kind of house work or crawling around in the house attic. I love the boots and take care of them by cleaning them with saddle soap and conditioning them with mink oil. I like that they have the speed hooks for the laces which makes it easy to take off and put back on. The only reason I am not giving them 5 stars is because the sole on my left boot already cracked all the way through and I am able to see the midsole. I am not sure how this happened but it started about 8 months into wearing the boots. I will see if it can be re-soled or if there is a way to fix it. I don't want to throw these away. I have included a picture of the ripped sole.
review image
33 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2013
Used to be a redwing kinda guy, but those boots tended to. be uncomfortable. Had to wear 2 pairs of socks. Not these! On my feet for 8-14 hours a day in the construction field. Manual labor. And if you think the steel toes are uncomfortable. WRONG. Very, very comfortable. And these boots could take a beating. Extremely durable. Well made. I am 6'3 and 250 with really wide feet. These accommodate my feet, well. Very well. If your looking for a good boot, look no further. I tell my friends these are like the jordans of work boots. Not a blister/ soggy socks ever. Highly recommend these boots to anyone with wide feet or not. Ordered from amazon on a thursday was at my doorstep on sat. Would buy tgese again when i retire this pair. Which by the looks of it wont be for a while. Lol
on August 5, 2012
I looked at Alot of boots before i came across these ones. Im a Carpenter, so im on my feet all day long. I Lay out alot of floors. With most boots i wear out the toe, so far these boots have held up. These boots have to be the lighest boots ive ever owned. After working 8-10 hr days my feet feel fine. I do have to say i did add Dr. Shoels to the boots, but i add them to every boot i own. So far these boots are the best boot ive owned in the last 10 years. They held up to everything i could throw at them.
on June 24, 2011
The best steel toe boot Ive ever worn. I have used many different and more expensive steel toe but this is the best. I weight over 300bl and stand all day at work ass a welder and have to where steel toe these are by far the most comfortable ive worn
on June 24, 2013
Husband has been in in High Rise Construction for over 15 years.

He absolutely loves this Wolverine W08289 model in the extra wide fit (XW or 3E). (he doesn't have super wide feet either)

We bought the "standard fit" model of this style for his same size and they were REALLY NARROW and there just wasn't ANY room for his feet to comfortably move around in without being WAY to TIGHT and having a break in period-Sent them back for the extra wide fit. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE STANDARD AND THE EXTRA WIDE fit-We had both side by side-they look like 2 different boots on size-

Over the years we have only tried 3 different pairs of work boots, and he seems to like these the best.

We have gone from Wolverine (different model) to Diehard, to a different Wolverine model, back to try this W08289 pair.

He loves the extra wide fit of these boots, the steel toe is as it should be, and the tips do wear after time if you are on concrete doing "lay out" etc. He likes the top portion of the boot which has the hooks.

We buy 2 pairs at a time since he likes to rotate them, keeps your feet a bit more fresh since they are worn long periods of time.

Also: Its worth spoiling your feet with really nice socks as well since you are buying new boots anyway and if you are in boots for 8-14 hours, it should be a MUST! If your in your boots for that period of time then you know what I'm talking about-ALSO BUY NICE THICK SOCKS to go with your new boots Not your average THIN sock- We were buying the Guide Gear Xtreme Steel Toe Work Socks for about a year-which those are much thicker than your typical sock-BUT..they do thin out after a little bit of time, so we switched to: Thorlo Men's Combat Boot Overcalf Socks- AND THOSE ARE DEFINITELY WORTH SPOILING YOUR FEET WITH! They do average about $15 per pair- (We bought 10 pair)..They aren't like any other sock-they are amazing..Check out the Thorlo sock website, watch the video....

I'd recommend these boots to anyone who needs to wear boots for in general or for an extended period of time.
on March 26, 2012
These boots are very tough and long wearing. I work in demolition and i put my boots through hell and these hold up amazingly. I've had them for two years and i think it might be time for a new pair. i will defiantly buy them again great product.
on May 21, 2014
I have high arches and this has a flat insole, but I have Dr. Scholls insoles so not a big deal to me. I have had several Boots previously, Timberland, Red Wing,Big Mac, Worx, and Irish Setter. None of them really worked out for me, and I had awful luck with Timberland's boots, so I wanted to try Wolverine's boots. These were a good deal so I figured why not. These look great, but the leather will definitely have some wear to it quickly. I work at a private estate as the head gardener so the toes get abused on asphalt, brick, and stone regularly. I didn't expect them to be the shoes I would wear to church, so again I am okay with this. The boots are really comfortable. I haven't had any blistering during the break in period, which is great as I needed them to be wearable very quickly. The sole is great for me its a little bit more smooth than previous boots, which tracks less mud I've found, but may be a little bit more slick in some conditions than some may like. So far I am very satisfied with these boots, and would definitely look at wolverine before looking at other boot brands if these are not available the next time I need boots.

Update 9/10/2014
After about 6 months of use I have noticed the left sole is starting to fall apart a bit. It's not unwearable by any means but I am now a little leery of whether or not these will last a full 12 months on the job, but i am still very hopeful. I am trying to up load a few pictures if I can. I will say though that these are still insanely comfortable and the actual boot is above the sole is holding together very well.
review image
on December 6, 2012
I love these boots! I have worn them for the last four years. I am extremely flat footed and these things have supported me and my large frame quite well. There a little tough the first few days but after you get them loosened up they feel like the best pair of tennis shoes I have ever had. The height provides just the right amount of stability for me and offer great support throughout. I even wear mine in the summer time with my shorts. They go great with just about anything. I have to wear polos and slacks/khakis at my job and these boots go great with them or a pair of jeans as well. Or in my case even shorts. I will say, that the original insole wears pretty quickly and I replaced them with some memory foam ones from a local shoe and boot outlet and they really feel like heaven now. Besides that I have nothing bad to say about these things.
on January 17, 2016
They are okay one of the boots was not finished well inside the end of the inside lining that covers the top of the foot to the eyelets was not glued properly and you have to be very careful putting them on or it will curl under and be very uncomfortable. I suppose they we re good enough to pass QC in China. I hate returning things and I got them at abut 40% off, otherwise there's no way I would have kept them. Definitely not worth full retail price.
on April 18, 2016
I have these in Non-Steel toe, and they fit GREAT! However I purchased the same size in the Steel Toe for work and they were far more narrow in the toe and I had to return them, I do have wider feet so that is expected in my purchases sometimes but overall they are solid boots.