Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Vant GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on August 31, 2013
I read this book in college in my Junior year, and lost about 40 lbs.: it's THAT motivational! But back then, in 1978, I loaned it to a college friend who became anorexic after reading this book: she ended up having to drop out of school; no clue what happened to the book after that. SO, when my 20 year old daughter said that she needed to lose about 30 lbs., I remembered how this book had helped me, and sent it to her through one seller here on Amazon who had a pristine hardcover copy. My daughter has lost 15 lbs. thus far, and is still reading the book and loving it! She knows about my friend from college, so she's been forewarned!!
on June 14, 2015
this should be read by any woman truly determined to educate herself to control her weight!!! This book deserves a re-release, and included should be the Redbook synopsis of Nov. 1978, which I have used with my patients.
on May 4, 2017
Dated her son for years. Had to have this for my archives.
on December 14, 2012
I keep returning to this book for encouragement and insights on losing weight. I sent a copy to my daughter so she could get this different perspective on diets.
The author goes into depth on the psychology and physiology (sorry for the spelling) of women's weight loss which helped me understand why it is not easy to just stop eating and lose weight fast.
She wrote her book before many of the fad diet books were written yet much of her advice has proven to work and is repeated in the fad books.
Times have changed since she wrote her basic diet but her sensible, sympathetic approach gives a dieter a lot to work with.
on September 8, 2010
The only thing that prevents me from giving this a five star is she allows SUGARED Jello as a fruit substitute. However, this diet WILL work. It took me down from 140 to 120 25 years ago, and have remained steady. However, unlike in the book, I cheat all I want on weekends, then resume the Core Diet M-F. You WILL lose weight, keep your sanity and muscle tone.
The diets of today allow too much starch, and not enough protein. Then they wonder why the obesity rates have skyrocketed.
on July 21, 2016
I've had numerous copies of this book. I wanted to make sure I always had one on hand. The diet is extremely easy to follow and works so well. You'll be on your way to a healthy self if you follow Dr. Edelstein's diet.
on December 27, 2012
An easy to follow regimen. Dr. Edelstein pays attention to electrolyte balance so the dieter doesn't feel weak. I recommend this book for those looking for a plan that works.
on October 27, 2016
Book may be old, but still has great advice.
on February 19, 2015
Wife's mother read this years ago and recommended it to her for weight loss. Found it here used for excellent price. Pages were a little yellow but serves the purpose.
on January 6, 2014
I used the Woman Doctor's Diet for Women when it appeared in a magazine in the 70's. I lost weight at a steady, sensible pace. It's really about eating unprocessed food - protein, vegetables, and fruits.

What I've always liked about this food plan is that it's SIMPLE. It's easy to follow [that's not to say it's always easy to do.] I find many weight loss programs too complicated and too food-focused whereas this plan allowed me to shop quickly and prepare a simple meal when I got home without a lot of fuss.