Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 115 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 129 reviews
VINE VOICEon September 19, 2012
Kari Ames is happily married. She loves her husband. She has a daughter whom she loves dearly. She lives in a big house. She does well as a real estate agent. But none of these things has helped her to stop dwelling on her past mistakes. Kari has secrets.

Movies about abducted children and serial killers aren't easy to watch, but this is a T.D. Jakes film and Blair Underwood (David), Sharon Leal (Kari) and Nicole Beharie (Beth) are in it - I wanted to see it. It turned out to be a good mystery/ suspense/thriller with a twist ending that made me talk to the screen just a bit.

The thoughts that came to mind as I watched:

1. Keep the windows locked and get an alarm system.
2. Les gets on my nerves.
3. Be sure you know who you're chatting with online.
4. David, you are really disappointing me right now.
5. Christians will attend church services. We'll say we love our heavenly Father. We'll say we know He is always there to help us in our times of need. But when trouble comes, instead of calling on Him and trusting Him to work things out, some get angry at Him. Some can have all the faith in the world when things are good, but when things get bad faith wavers or faith is completely lost. Some feel like God is no longer with them, so they get discouraged. It's good to keep in mind that Christianity `is not about feelings'. God says He will never leave nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5-6), so He will never leave nor forsake us.
6. Love. People claim to know what it means, but when that love is tested, the truth is some have no clue.
7. No matter how much a person tries to be better, some just have to keep bringing up the person's past mistakes. That's sad.
8. Who's that playing the FBI Agent? I need to find out what other movies he was in.

My favorite lines:

1. You just can't keep stuffin' down life.
2. God, where are You?
3. When you begin to forgive and build your faith, nothing's impossible.

And my favorite scene was the conversation between Kari and Will in the kitchen. Woman Thou Art Loosed On the 7th Day (story by Cory Tynan & T.D. Jakes) is an entertaining, inspirational film - forgiveness is the main theme.
VINE VOICEon November 11, 2012
Long-buried secrets threaten to destroy a seemingly happy couple after their young daughter is abducted in this thriller starring Blair Underwood, Sharon Leal, and Pam Grier. David (Underwood) and Kari Ames (Leal) were preparing to celebrate their beloved daughter's seventh birthday when she vanished without a trace.

Wow! This movie was better than expected! When David and Kari's daughter goes missing, secrets come to the surface and their lives are forever changed. Blair Underwood, and Sharon Leal were great! Pam Grier was just okay, her acting seemed a little over the top but the movie was surprisily good....just when you think you have it figured out, another twist is thrown into the mix.

Once again, T.D. Jakes has crafted a story about love, faith, and the power of forgiveness.
on May 12, 2016
What a great and suspenseful film!! The cinematic craft and style, along with the unpredictable narrative, added to its delightfulness and authenticity. It's one of my favorite films, especially, in part, because of the amazing storyline, actors, and because it captures so much beauty and essence of New Orleans. Loved it!
on March 1, 2017
good movie
on December 2, 2012
I must admit to not getting caught up in "Names" like TD Jakes. So I don't just get something or watch something because it has a well known person's name attached to it. I liked this movie because it was a true expression of how your secrets will come to the light at some point and that we all truly reap what we sow. If we sow secrets, then secrets will catch up to us. If we sow lies and deceit, that too will catch up with us. Watch it, form your own opinion, but learn from it whether you like it or not. Good job on this one.
on May 12, 2014
I loved the way the filmmaker put together this Movie. This Movie gave the Audience Somethings to Think About! This movie showed a persons journey to success and how difficut the tests become. It showed how an elders wisdom makes a huge impact on a person life. It showed how we should not judge, but be more understanding and supportive of each other. It showed how everyone has a calling/gift and their direct link to GOD. I highly recommend this inspiring film to others.
on December 14, 2012
The movie kept me on the edge of my seat. There are a lot of twists, and turns, and secrets that intertwine in the plot. Just when I thought I knew the guilty party I would be drawn to another suspect. The first "Woman Thou Art Loosed" movie was also an excellent movie. Both movies made you examine your very own forgiveness and judgement criteria. Sometimes it is easy to judge, but difficult to forgive, especially when you don't really have all the facts. I have recommended this movie to a friend..
on December 8, 2014
This film could be great, if it would just buckle down and focus. Instead of being a taught, psychological thriller, it attempts to examine some weighty issues (broken trust, forgiveness, Christianity) but doesn't have time to approach them with the thought they deserve, and consequently becomes a bogged-down "Christian" movie.
on March 2, 2013
wow, this is a really good movie! Great acting,,, very unexpected turn of events...will provoke you to feel a series of different emotions + it's exciting.
on January 18, 2013
This was a very Good Movie!! I love Blair Underwood as an actor and the story line was very current with today's situations. A must watch!