Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

The Smart Woman's Guide to Plastic Surgery, Updated Second Edition
Format: Paperback|Change

on November 16, 2011
This book is one of the best books that is easy to read and understand by a patient who is planning to do a plastic surgery. It explains in simple way what the surgery is, expected side effects, what could go wrong, and estimated cost. In addition, it gives you the methods currently available for your case and what are the pros and cons of each, in order to help you decide which method is most suitable for you. I strongly recommend you read this book if you are planning for any plastic surgery of any type in the future before you meet with your doctor. Yes, before you meet with your doctor.
on October 16, 2005
I checked this book out of the library and read it from cover to cover. This book answered my questions about plastic surgery and I felt confident that I was equipped to walk into any plastic surgeon's office and decide whether that was the surgeon for me based on Dr. Loftus' recommendations as to what to look for in a surgeon and what questions to ask.

Dr. Loftus also keeps up to date on the latest plastic surgery procedures and sorts out fact from fiction. I recommend this book to anyone seeking plastic surgery. You will not be disappointed. In addition, I just bought two copies from Amazon. One for my bookshelf and one for our local library.
on August 16, 2009
The Smart Womans Guide to Plastic Surgery educates readers with basic knowledge of plastic surgery. I feel like some chapters are rushed and short. For example, the neck and face lift chapter is short and not as explanatory as breast surgery or liposuction. This book also has positive stories of women and plastic surgery. However, I wish that their was negative stories of women and plastic surgery. That way these readers can get a better idea if they want plastic surgery or not. I will say that chapter 1 is the best. Chapter 1 is the best, because it explains the scams plastic surgeons can fool people with. WHICH IS VERY SHOCKING!
on November 18, 2012
I thought it might be a little more technical, and a little more in depths. It was very informative however. Worthwhile definitely, but not the answer to all questions.
on July 22, 2007
It's been a year since I had abdominoplasty and mastopexy. I'm an RN, my mind was even more at ease after reading this book. You are spending a sizeable amount of money for surgery, be as informed as you can. This physician speaks to you, not at you. Follow her advice about board certification too.
on October 23, 2005
I am so impressed with this book-- clear, detailed information presented in a professional manner. It addresses the pros and cons of countless procedures, what to expect during and after the procedure and the recovery time, how to choose a plastic surgeon, cost, and possible complications. This is the best book I have read on this subject.
on October 28, 2015
Great information and includes average costs for different procedures. Would highly recommend
on April 22, 2010
I read this avidly, but was shocked that she left out a MAJOR woman's plastic surgery: brachioplasty. Not even mentioned. For most women, a major source of concern: that flab under your upper arm. Other than that omission, a "thumbs up" review. Concise, thorough, informative. No need to rush into surgery uninformed: this is a good resource on how to do your homework.
on March 18, 2013
This book is OK for someone who looking for general information on corrective surgery. I will like have more professional information on it.
on May 19, 2016