Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on April 30, 2016
A Woman's Worth by Chicki Brown is the first novel in a series of five, centering around the Stafford Brothers. This initial book follows a love story of Marc Stafford and Gianne Marvray.

Marc considers himself the black sheep of his family due to his father's disappointment in him. His father is a doctor and so are most of his brothers, but Marc made a decision not to take that path, but follow his own road. He is a trainer that owns a workout center in Las Vegas; and he also lives a vegan life, which he teaches others about, and helps them to heal naturally.

Gianne is a patient of Marc's father, who has suffered through chemo-therapy, and finally receives a diagnosis that her cancer is in remission. So is her relationship with her ex-fiance; he left her when he found out she had cancer. In Gianne's mind there is no way she'll ever allow herself to love a man that deeply again.

One evening at a dinner party in Atlanta, Marc's hometown, he and Gianne look at one another from across the room and their lives are not the same from then on.

This book was well written. Some of the details of what they were eating was too extensive, and I found myself skipping paragraphs, however, other than that, it flowed great. I like that pace of the love affair, and how the two grew to know one another over time. the dynamics of the Stafford family pulled me in too. I have already purchased the Kindle version of book 2 in the series and can't wait to read more about them.
on August 15, 2014
This book served as my introduction to the author, Chicki Brown. I was not disappointed. As a matter of fact, I couldn't wait to read the next book in the series. A Woman's Worth is an introduction to the Stafford brothers of the ATL. They are 6 Gorgeous brothers who are highly successful in the fields they have chosen. This book centers on Marc, the renegade brother who opts to become a a personal trainer and a raw food vegan and a resident of Las Vegas instead of going into the medical field as his father, a couple of uncles, and 4 of his brothers. His conflict lies with his father, who, to put it mildly, is not pleased with his lifestyle and choices. The underlying conflicts zero in on forming opinions without facts. The heroine, Gianne, has a pivotal role in helping these strong willed men reconcile their differences. I recommend this book because it will get you ready for the series. Chicki Brown is a good AA Contemporary Romance Author. If you aren't familiar with her, You will not be disappointed.
on November 4, 2013
This was a really good story about a woman who struggled with health problems and had a man turn his back on her only to end up with an even greater man staring her in the face. Just when I thought there was no conflict or dispute in thr story line, Gianne encounters Lucie. Then with the whole ordeal of her having to face the uncertainty of her prognosis during her six month checkup, gave Marc the opportunity to prove just how much he loved her. Although I felt the ending was a little abrupt, it concluded just the way it should've. Great job Chicki!! I will definitely read more of your work.
on August 10, 2015
A Woman's Worth was my second Chicki Brown novel Book one in the Stafford Brother's Series. In this story, Marcus Stafford struggled with the feeling that it was time to have a real relationship with one woman. He found that woman at a reception for his brother honoring his achievement. Gianne was a patient being treated medically by both his brother and his father. Gianne was a Cancer patient in remission. From the moment Marcus saw Gianne he was sure she was the woman of his dreams. Although Marcus lived in Las Vegas, he had plans to return to his business, his other plan was to convince Gianne that he would be able to develop a treatment plan that who be beneficial to her health needs. He also wanted her to see the benefits of staying with him during the process. Marcus was so enamored with Gianne that over the course of the story he was determined to prove to her that she could trust him with her heart. Even though Gianne's health problems had once caused a man to run in the other direction, Marcus was willing to run with her to build a healthy life that included her being with him long term. This was a truly powerful story about loving, and the power of being loved.
on September 16, 2016
What jumped out most for me from this novel was Marc's love for Gianne. From first glance, beyond her frailty he saw the pearl in her. And I think that love surpassed mere physical attraction and went into the realm of the supernatural. Like she was pulling on him like gravity. Tugging at his heart. He wouldn't be like Bruce, the one than ran away from her diagnosis. No, he said, let me take care of you. I fully believe it was that love that strengthened her and in turn himself. I highlighted so many passages because they were edifying (teaching about love and the priceless nature of love) and educational (so much info on vegan raw eating...even recipes).

I loved this novel and I'm looking forward to reading book 2.
on September 18, 2013
This is my first novel by Chicki Brown, and definitely not my last. It is a beautiful love story, but it was a slower read than I am use too. The slow read might be due to the subject matter, since I have no interest in a vegan diet. With all that said, I actually enjoyed the book, and I do like the author's style and would recommend the book to others.
on May 8, 2014
Gianne Marvray is a cancer survivor and now she is ready to live. When Marc Stafford, the son of Gianne’s doctor, offers to show her a healthier way to live, she takes him up on his offer.

Marc Stafford knows from the moment he sees Gianne that he wants her in his life. He tells everyone around him that he only wants to help her improve her lifestyle by teaching her healthier habits; but even he’s not convinced.

They both have personal issues they have to deal with, and even though they can’t stop the budding relationship, Gianne continues to try to push Marc away. But Marc does a wonderful job of fighting for Gianne and proving that he is worthy of her affection.

I absolutely loved this book. It is the first in the Stafford Brothers series and you get to meet all of the brothers in this book as well as other family members. This story shows a true family, flaws and all.

It also delves into the world of raw vegans. While I don’t think I could personally do it (haha!), Miss Brown gives a lot of great information and mentions some interesting soundings meals I would try making for my health-conscious husband!

A Woman’s Worth has a little bit of everything: humor, emotion, drama romance, and it is informative as well.

I’m very eager to read more from the Stafford Brothers Series!
on April 26, 2015
Gianne's 'Worth' was 'Infinity and Beyond' to Marc and he certainly enjoyed proving it to her. Yes, each book in the Stafford Brothers Series. Can be stand alone's when read, but you deprive yourself of some wonderful writing and beautiful detail if you decide to take that route. I knew after reading Chicki Brown's "Don't Stop to You Get enough" that it was imperative that I read Gianne's and Marc's story from beginning to end. To say that I enjoyed reading and learning every detail from how the two met and how the two ended up together is an understatement. I don't like to share spoilers, but I will reveal that this was a very Emotional and Heartwarming story that I'll admit to actually crying to at the end even though I already knew the outcome. The clear signs of a gifted and talented writer. Don't sleep on the series from Chicki Brown. I'm desperately waiting for the release of the fourth book from this series in the Fall.
T
on December 29, 2013
Normally when you read a romance novel the two main characters will get together, they hook up, they fall in love, they have a huge fallout, they don't speak for 4 to 6 months, then they get back together and find out it was all one big misunderstanding. Thankfully this book was not written that way. Chicki Brown does a phenomenal writing her characters with multiple layers so you really feel their plight. You understand everything that they're feeling and what it is they're going through. Marc Strafford is the black sheep of the family. He does not follow in his father's footsteps of being a doctor but becomes a certified celebrity trainer and an expert in vegan foods. His father is disappointed by his choice and he bears his father's grief constantly because of it. Gianne Marvray is Marc's father's patient and she falls in love with Marc. Marc offers to get Gianne back into top shape and get her healthy again. As the story unfolds they fall in love. The characters are real, they touch your soul, when they're happy you experience the joy, when they're sad it makes you want to cry, this book was phenomenally written with a lot of detail and it makes you feel like you were actually there watching the story unfold right before your very eyes. Chicki Brown truly has a gift. I can't wait for the next installment.
on November 18, 2013
This story was superbly written. The title is telling. Women sometimes measure their worth in many ways. For Gianne, getting a clean bill of health after going through two years of cancer treatment was freeing, but still not enough for her to see her true worth. Enter Marc Stafford, the fourth son of the oncologist that treated Gianne, who seems to know almost instantly that this woman is a rare gem, one that he is willing to do almost anything to connect with. We get introduced to the Stafford family, which while successful is by no means perfect. They have complicated layers of sibling rivalry and parental disappointment. Still, they fill you with a warm feeling and I look forward to getting to know them better in future stories of Chicki Brown.

I love the way Chicki Brown takes us through the emotional roller coaster of a cancer survivor, while also acquainting us to the healthy eating lifestyle of raw vegans. I guarantee you will be at least curious about this way of eating before you finish! This story has all the ingredients of a true love story. It was beautifully written, you will not be disappointed!