From the Author
About the Author
Her presentations, staff-development seminars, and technical assistance focus on systems change and the development of caring, compassionate, and empowering therapeutic environments. They provide professionals an opportunity to learn new skills for dealing with personal, institutional, and societal changes and are always in demand, both nationally and internationally.
Dr. Covington is based in La Jolla, California, where she is co-director of the Institute for Relational Development and the Center for Gender and Justice, which seeks to expand gender-responsive policies and practices for females who are under criminal justice supervision.
Among the many articles and books written by Dr. Covington are:
* Women and Addiction: A Gender-Responsive Approach
* Awakening Your Sexuality: A Guide for Recovering Women
* Leaving the Enchanted Forest: The Path from Relationship
Addiction to Intimacy
She also has program materials to help meet the needs of women and girls. The following curricula include training manuals for professionals and complementary materials for participants:
* Helping Women Recover: A Program for Treating Addiction
(with a special edition for the criminal justice system)
* Beyond Trauma: A Healing Journey for Women
* Voices: A Program of Self-Discovery and Empowerment for Girls
* A Woman's Way through The Twelve Steps
For a list of Dr. Covington's recent articles, and descriptions of her current seminars for professionals, visit: stephaniecovington.com and centerforgenderandjustice.org.