Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

The designers included in this book are all notable and most should be included but, I wonder if it is too soon for some to be in, any book?
Also, some of the designers from the post WWII era, when women first started to really impact design, are not in the book at all. The exclusion of these pioneering women designers is the biggest hole in this otherwise fine overview of Women designers.
I'd very much like to see a second edition with corrections and the missing added.
on January 11, 2009
Would not recommend this book. I had no idea who the younger
designers were and their work didn't impress me at all.
on February 18, 2009
A great overview of inspirational and interesting design that just happens to be authored by women. You'll see and read about great work alongside the strongest advocates of design education of the past 2 decades. The individual interview questions are smart and revealing. I admit, I am in the book so I may be biased. But for me what was exciting was to learn about all the design I've admired and didn't realize was done by a woman: Paulina Reyes super cool Target cups, Pamela Zucker's sweet packaging for Paddywax candles and Barbara de Wilde's inspiring and groundbreaking work with Martha Stewart Magazine to name just a few. Included are some of my design heros: Marian Bantjes, the Number 17 women, Ellen Lupton, Gail Anderson, Irma Boom and of course Paula Scher. Although this book is missing a few important women in design (and what overview would ever be complete?), I have enthusiastically recommended this book to all my students - male and female alike.