Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

100 Women Who Shaped World History (100 Series)
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 4, 2016
This book is formatted having one women per page in chronological order from BC 1483-AD 1959. Nice, concise introduction to each person.
There is much need for books about influential women so I am glad this is available. However, it is disappointing that it seems to have been made hastily. The drawings are unappealing and I am not sure what the process was to select the '100 women who shaped World History' was as the women are mainly from Europe and America apart from a few. Don't claim 'world history' if it is not.
review imagereview imagereview image
on October 24, 2015
100 WOMEN WHO SHAPED WORLD HISTORY, Gail Meyer Rolka, 1994, Bluewood Books. Fascinating!!! Begins with Queen Makare Hatshepsut (d. 1483 BC) and ends with Rigoberta Menchu (b 1959). Brief biographies of these 100 women. I came across this book while seeking something else on Amazon.smile (I get lucky that way, sometimes). It's a thin paperback, but, Oh, so worth it. These are amazing women we should know about and remember. five stars.
on April 17, 2014
With this book I have learned a lot about women that influenced so much on this world. Their bios are short but very interesting. Thanks Y.Castilla
on March 16, 2017
Yes, exactly what I expected...and needed
on April 28, 2013
Enjoyed reading information on impact women have made throughout history. Good read for anyone that is interested in women's history.
on July 14, 2014
Very good! Brief and useful! I was looking a book for Emilie du Chatelet ( an amazing woman in Renaissance) and found it! Sophie Germain, Helen Keller, Agatha Cristie, Ypatia and many other great women! Scientists, poets, artists, writers, wives, leaders, teachers, they shape the world history but they are not mentioned! As Voltaire said about Emilie du Chatelet << she was a great man whose only fault was that she was a woman>>. I only wish Lise Meitner was among them!
2 people found this helpful
on February 24, 2014
The book is like a summary of "book reports" on women throughout history. It's not engaging or exciting to read. I am disappointed.
on April 2, 2001
The pictures in this book are very off putting. Yuck! If I had realized what the pictures looked like I would never have bought this book.
One person found this helpful
on December 29, 2017
Wonderful introduction to important women throughout history. I love reading these short stories with my children.
on March 24, 2000
I think this is an excellent book for girls to read because it shows them that there are women who changed or help change world history.The author tells about the troubles the women went though and what they accomplished. This book does not just talk about queens and princesses, but also includes less privileged women who made important changes. It goes all the way back to Queen Makare Hatshepsut in 1530 BC and ends with Rigoberta Menchu. This book includes a trivia quiz and maps to show you where the women lived/live. Overall, I believe this is an excellent book because many of these women have been left out of school history books.
26 people found this helpful