Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

83%
17%
Format: Paperback|Change

on May 2, 2017
In Women Who Move Mountains, Sue Detweiler provides practical ways to dig deeper in your prayer life and into your relationship with Christ. The personal stories, as well as the examples from the Bible, allow the reader to connect at a variety of levels. While not every example was applicable to my life, every chapter provided wonderful, Bible-based ways to build my relationship with the Lord as I pray. I appreciated the bible studies found in the even-numbered chapters. They took me straight into God's word, and asked questions that really pushed me to identify my own needs and challenges. I would encourage readers to take the time to read the Scripture passages and answer the questions, as it only cements the ideas that the author shares in the odd-numbered chapters. This book would be wonderful to use in a small group setting!

I received an advance copy of the book in exchange for an honest review; all opinions are my own.
on May 2, 2017
Women Who Move Mountains" is a must read, Sue Detweiler, brings to the table a refreshing approach to learning how to pray with confidence boldness and grace. The personal and real-life stories that are shared, bring to light the power of prayer that can move the mountains of despair, loss, fear, and the hindrances that prohibit the fulfillment of your life's purpose in Christ. This is a great resource for a women's prayer group and for the women who want to draw closer to God, impact the lives of other's and effectuate change through prayer.
on May 2, 2017
Inspiring book on prayer! Great for the newbie and seasoned warrior. Lots of convicting and encouraging Scriptures paired with testimonies of women who are living in victory. This is not a quick read. It's intended to be used as a tool along your journey of communion with Christ. I can't wait to read through this in a group study! I received an advance copy in exchange for my honest review.
on May 2, 2017
In Chapter 2 Sue said, “A great way to grow in your prayer life is to gather a group of women to study and pray together.” I can’t think of a better thing to do than to get a bunch of girls together and go through this book. Sue helps you learn how to pray in a way that MOVES MOUNTAINS of: rejection, shame, brokenness, anxiety, sadness, perfectionism, timidity, entitlement, disappointment and loss. The personal stories of women from the Bible and others living today were great connection points. The chapter following each testimony chapter gives an abundance of scripture is so practical and will help deepen your prayer life. Part Two of the book is chock-full of life-changing advice on fasting, tips for spiritual breakthrough and guidelines on how to take a spiritual retreat. Grab some girls and copies of this book so God can MOVE MOUNTAINS in your life!

I received an advanced copy in exchange for my honest review.
on May 2, 2017
Women Who Move Mountains is a great book on how to pray! I love the real life stories along with the biblical stories on how prayer has an impact on our everyday life situations that draw us closer to God. This book can be used as a group or individual study, with awesome chapters of questions and scriptures to help with spiritual growth. I received an advanced copy in exchange for my honest review.
on May 2, 2017
As a librarian, I have read a multitude books about prayer.
After reading, Women Who Move Mountains: praying with confidence, boldness, and grace, I felt empowered and equipped to do just that! Well written and inspiring, the author provides a detailed guidebook for deepening our relationship with God through prayer based on sound scriptural references. This book teaches us about how powerful prayer can be! -Janelle
on May 2, 2017
A practical and very easy to read book. This books opens with a challenge to "move out of our comfort zone" and into a "mountain- moving faith" by speaking to God everyday. Sue Detweiler uses biblical women and women of today to inspire and encourage prayer in our lives. The book is laid out to give you great truths and examples of faith through prayer and give you practical guidance with thought provoking study questions to establish a deeper relationship with the Lord. A book worth reading to revitalize and encourage daily prayer life!

I received an advance copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
on May 2, 2017
I loved this book! It came at the perfect time. I had been struggling with prayer. Women Who Move Mountains by Sue Detweiler encouraged me to keep praying, to keep speaking to those mountains that come our way. The enemy is constantly attacking us. We must be prepared at all times to not let Satan overtake us. The book is easy to read and understand. It has definitely awaken my spiritual needs. I will recommend this book to my family and friends and of course I will read it again and again

I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
on May 2, 2017
Women Who Move Mountains reminds us of the power of prayer and encourages you to pray for and with others. I love that every other chapter is a Bible Study encouraging you to dig deeper into your prayer life and the Word. this would be a GREAT study for a women's group or independent Bible Study as well.
I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review.
on May 2, 2017
If you are looking to strengthen your prayer life, this book is a great way to do it. It examines prayer at any level and meets you where you are. The combination of examples from the Bible as well as the candid stories of everyday women really helped to illustrate the power we have when we go to God in prayer. This book not only gives opportunities to learn about prayer, but it also has questions and prompts that help you to go deeper in your quiet time with God. This book truly touched me, as if the author was speaking directly to me.

I received an advanced copy in exchange for my honest review.