Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 617 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 838 reviews
on August 24, 2016
this book is my go to staple to feed my female soul. if anyone can get it right and deep it is Clarissa. to me, she is like the female version of Joseph Campbell. she totally unfolds the female archetypal characters and souls. if you want a book with meat and bones that talks about the issues of the female character and her relationships with other women ... within her family ... who betray her or abuse her, abandon her or neglect her ... and you have had that happen to you and you need a healing through profound understanding ... then get this book, read it and reread it and digest every bit of hit because there is nothing but soul food in here! thank heaven, God and angels for Clarissa. she is a national jewel and anything she creates speaks to me and i think it will speak to you as well.
on September 7, 2017
I read this book years ago and happily I bought my own copy. Times passes and now with life experiences, I'm enjoying Women Who Run With Wolves from another perspective. For women and men who seek an awareness of a type of being most have either forgotten, or never realized was part of human heritage.
on September 7, 2017
Very eye opening and relevant to all women in all walks of life. She explains her point using several metaphors and stories so that anyone can relate to the messages in one way or another. It helped explain so much from my past as well as my present desires and urges. Must read for ALL women and men can benefit from it too!
on September 21, 2017
I first read this book 25 years ago, and it was time for a little refresher. A true study of your soul. This book definitely makes you dig deep, but it's well worth the work. Empowering, inspirational, thought provoking, occasionally a tear jerker, but always relevant.
(First Edition) Women Who Run with the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype Hardcover By Clarissa Pinkola Estes 1992
on March 13, 2016
I first read this text five years ago, to learn my mother had read it upon buying it for my sister. We all love the text. It is incredibly insightful and I completely appreciate the feminist approach to Jungian thought. I also appreciate the personalization of myth, given what her relationship to the myths provided. Whether a fan of myths, feminist psychoanlaysis, or Jungian thought, this is a great read. Women who run with the wolves will be a book I read and reread because of its wealth of insight as well as the depths that closer rereadings uncover.
on February 29, 2016
This book was recommended to me by an artist friend. it delves deeply into women's psyche, explaining the why behind so many of our feelings and reactions to our surroundings, and relationships. I read a few pages, then go away and think about what I've read, digesting the pearls of wisdom C.P.Estes puts out for all to read. I highly recommend it to women who want more clarity about their "wildish" nature.
on July 15, 2017
It has taken me a while to read this book. I kept finding myself setting it down, thinking about what I read for a couple of days before coming back to it. It seemed like every page had an "a-ha!" moment...very relatable. I like the positivity and feminine message that radiates from "Women Who Run With the Wolves." I have since bought another copy to send to my friends abroad. Very inspiring!
on July 29, 2017
Still reading, not the easiest of books, for me, to read because of how it is worded. I like to the point, not necessarily easy wording, but not wording to where I have to use my dictionary frequently. Although I will say, the content is interesting.
on December 31, 2016
This is my all time favorite book, which is huge for me. I think that every woman / girl should own this to go into the wild depths of herself through archetypes and familiar stories from around the world. It's a roadmap to who we are and who we may become.
on May 18, 2015
her writing is a mix of poetry and writing. That is good for some, but sometimes needs patience. She has an interesting vocabulary. I like the way its arranged; a story, then a few pages dedicated to breaking down the story into its relevant parts. I looked to this book to better understand myself as a woman and an artist, and this has given me much to consider and examine.
She relates to her experiences, her patients experiences, and her Jungian studies.