- Hardcover: 376 pages
- Publisher: Clarendon Press; 1 edition (January 27, 1994)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 019822883X
- ISBN-13: 978-0198228837
- Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 1.1 x 8.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,850,062 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Women, Work, and Politics: Belgium, 1830-1914 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"Patricia Penn Hilden has rescued from neglect the history of the Belgian labor movement and the history of women's work and politics in that movement. Her book provides a good sketch of Belgian history, detailed discussions of women's involvement in the textile and coal-mining industries, an analysis of debated about gender roles, and a history of women's activity in Belgian union and socialist politics. This scope sometimes makes it seem overloaded, but packs a great deal of important history into one volume."--American Historical Review
About the Author
Patricia Penn Hilden is at New York University.