Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on February 22, 2016
I've been shopping for just plain old leggings for a while now, and I don't know why I can't find any decent ones. They either sag, are way too long, are way too tight, see through, or stretch out as the day goes on. I ordered a L, which depending on the brand, can be just right or too loose. However these leggings are quite tight. There wasn't much breathing room in these. These are also slightly see-through, but that's probably because they are too small in the fit. I am 5'0", so it's a real pain finding anything that actually fits in the length. Like most others I've bought recently, they are too long, so they wrinkle at the knees and ankles, which I hate. I couldn't wear these with flats, only with boots to hide this flaw. Overall, I'm not all that satisfied. I would recommend you buy a size up especially if you are in between sizes. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to return them, but I likely will.
on March 19, 2016
I have been looking for cotton leggings for my yoga class. It was quit difficult to find cotton leggings that are thick enough to prevent showing my underwater during my class. I have bought at least 5 cotton leggings from different manufacturers including Costco brand and I have been very disappointed. All of them are see-through products. When I bend down during my yoga class, classmates can see my underwear :( Finally I am please to share that I have found a cotton leggings that are think enough to prevent the see-through problem that I was experiencing. I do recommend this product. In fact I going to buy at least three more pairs to replace the previous leggings that I bought from different manufactures.
on November 20, 2013
I bought these leggings in a size medium after reading all the reviews and looking at several other choices. I wanted them to work out in at my gym. I was concerned about the waist because someone said they were tight, so I ordered the medium and they are big in the waist! I usually wear a size 6 in jeans, sometimes a 4 in stretchy paints, so a small would probably fit me better in the waist, but they are tight in the legs, which is fine, because they stretch a little bit, and the fabric is of medium weight--not too thin or see through. The length is on the short side for me--I would have liked them longer because they hit me at the top of my ankle. My inseam is 32 or 33 in jeans, usually a regular length. The waistband hits below the belly button, so they are considered low rise, I guess. Hope this helps you!
on November 25, 2012
Finding the "right" leggings is almost as difficult as finding the right bra or swimsuit or pair of jeans! The price of my favorite leggings shot up to $29.95 since the last time I bought them, so this time I bought four different kinds to test. Herein, I shall review all five options. As a point of reference, I am 5'7" and weight 137 pounds. Black leggings are a staple in my wardrobe; I wear them all the time.

1. Athletica "City Lights" ***** (five stars)
Hands down, my favorites. Length, cut, and fit are all absolutely perfect. But as of this writing, the price is $29.95 for a pair. Leggings just shouldn't cost $30!

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Athletica leggings have now morphed into these "Women's Cotton Spandex Leggings by In Touch". They are ghastly. In the hour I wore them, I constantly found myself tugging at them. Not only was the waist too low, but no matter where the waist sat the crotch area was just not ... right. It was intensely uncomfortable. I am returning them. $30 and the leggings are horrid! I don't know what happened to the Athletica and why these now pull up even in my "previous order screen" when I am trying to get to the Athletica, but I wouldn't recommend these to anybody.

2. Moontree "Cotton Spandex Jersey Legging" ****
The length is good. The waist is in the right place. The cut is good. But something about these leggings makes me feel like "this is what wearing Spanx must feel like". They are snug, but not in a way that makes me feel like I'm wearing the wrong size. It feels like the snugness is part of the design, like in control-top pantyhose. (Remember those?) Only the snugness is in the entire pair of leggings, calf to waist. They look great, but frankly they are almost a relief to peel off at the end of the day. And leggings just shouldn't feel that way. To me, one of the huge advantages of leggings is their comfort; it's like wearing a second skin. Still at $12.99 the price is right and they do look good.

3. Anne Klein "Women's Cotton Leggings" ****
I expected less from these leggings because the waist band is nearly twice as wide as what I'm used to. It turned out not to bother me at all! The fit is perfect. Length and waist are great. But the leggings started pilling almost immediately! Usually, if I run my hands over my leggings, everything feels smooth. Within an hour of the first wearing (I washed them first), these leggings had pervasive pilling. Still, they look great, feel good, and they are only $15.

4. Doublju "Women's Stylish Casual Ankle Cotton Span Leggings" *
The name of these leggings makes me wonder if there's such a thing as formal leggings! The waist is low. No, thanks. I want my leggings to stay put. I returned this pair.

5. Spalding "Women's Ankle Legging" *
I returned this pair also. The waist band was about two inches wide (!), yet the elastic inside the waist band was only about one centimeter wide. Picture that! Anyway, because of the thin waistband which only looked seriously oversized, as I moved around the waistband pretty much went wherever it wanted. Thanks, but I like my leggings to stay put!

ADDITION 3/30/14: After writing the original review, I continued my never-ending quest for the perfect leggings. I now find that I can highly recommend American Apparel. As I write, they cost only $19.60 on Amazon; shipping is directly from American Apparel for $5 but free if you spend $50. Available in multiple colors and sizes, the fit is exactly PERFECT. I own 3 pair and I'm about to buy 5 more... I have also found that Victoria's Secret leggings for daily wear aren't half bad, although the waist is just a touch lower than I'd like, so I find myself tugging on them to keep them up! That said, the waist band is also looser than on other leggings, which is good for those days when you might find yourself carrying a few extra pounds and don't want to feel like your leggings are cutting off your circulation... :) I should also add that I was never again able to buy the right size in Anne Klein leggings. They literally sent me the wrong size repeatedly. I contacted the Anne Klein people. They told me they license out the product and have nothing to do with it. I waited a while, tried again, was sent the correct size, but even the L turned out to be very small. ... Also, Athletica City Lights leggings apparently no longer exist.
55 comments| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 12, 2017
These fit OK, but I prefer a softer fabric. I'm 5'2" and weigh 150, wear a size 12. These fit very tight on me. I normally wear a medium in leggings.
on February 8, 2018
I bought these leggings as a gift and she was sick so I wasn't able to give them to her until recently and she loves them. So I went ahead and ordered her 2 more. They fit great and they stretch enough for the length. Definitely will tell people about them. That kind of fit and comfort is hard to find.
on December 29, 2012
These leggings are longer than most, which I appreciate. They are softer than most, which I appreciate. Besides that they are pretty costly for what they are They are fairly thin, which I find disappointing. At $30 a pair I won't be buying more. I'm 5'5 @ 150lbs. and a large was perfect so I would say they are true to size. I would recommend them if you can afford the cost for leggings that are already nearly see thru on arrival.
on July 24, 2015
These are the best leggings on the planet. I love a nice substantial cotton feel and these leggings are fabulous. I own many pairs and a few of them I have had for years and they have held up great through lots of washing and drying. I have tried many different brands of leggings and I keep coming back to these.
on December 16, 2012
Finally a great legging... These leggings fit so well, they have the best "coverage", as far as covering up winter pale, ugly veins, etc. I'm only 5' 3", so I can bring them down under my heel if I want...or leave them at my ankle... they are designed so well and are have such a great fit, you can do that and they still feel wonderful and look the same. They have a wonderful silky texture, so clothing doesn't hang up on them as you move.
on October 26, 2012
I bought these because of the reviews. I usually buy the $5 leggings at forever21 and wanted to invest in a nicer pair but cant afford lululemons.. So I thought maybe it would be a similar but knockoff type brand. OMG these leggings are the EXACT same quality as forever21's except the only difference is that these are $30 vs $5... I am returning them, reason being, is that they are see through and not worth the money. I also bought "capezio" leggings which I added the link below, and they are a little bit cheaper but more importantly NOT see through.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.