Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 23, 2017
It is your family against the island pigs! Work as a team to get to the island before the pigs eat all the food. On the way to the island you may draw a search card that has everyone looking for items that match that image. The 6-year-old had fun and even the adults found it interesting to play with them. The game is well made and had sturdy cardboard. The game markers are large and well balanced so they are easy to move and don't keep falling over. It is especially nice if you have a long table to put it on so that you don't have to sit on the floor. We enjoyed this game so much, I want to buy one for each of my grown children and their families.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
VINE VOICEon February 7, 2017
I purchased this game because of the raving reviews and my 3 year old has shown a huge interest in board games recently. He could play them all day.
What I like: the group activity "eye spy" with the little magnifying glasses, the long game board is neat, and trying to get to the island before the pigs eat all of the food.

What I don't like:
1. The spinner has two "pigs eat." Our spinner likes to land there, a lot. The first time we played, the pigs won before four of us had time for three full turns. (Now sometimes mom and dad secretly cheat 😬 with the spinner so the game doesn't end so quickly. Of course that defeats the purpose of playing fair and teaching children to play fair, which I will get to in dislike #2.)
2. This is kind of a huge issue with me. The game always ends with "everyone is a winner" and the premise of cooperation play. I'm not sure if I agree with this concept. It is a game for young children and I realize what a pain it is to teach children not to throw tantrums when they don't win and play fair. I've sat through many of those with my oldest, but the truth is not everyone wins, especially in real life.
When my oldest was learning board games, if he threw a tantrum that he didn't win or wasn't winning, we didn't play the game. Simple as that. It's a tough lesson, but that's just the way it is.
This game aggravates my now 11 year old for that reason. He couldn't understand the concept that "everyone wins," and asked what the point of the game was.
Overall, it's a good game for introduction of game play for little ones, but eventually, when you teach them to play other games or they play games in school, there will not be an "everyone wins" option.
on June 26, 2017
So happy with this game, my daughter seemed to have issues with some of the games I had got her so I tried this one out on recommendations I got and I absolutely love it and so does my daughter we've played it 6 times already and it just came in the post today
review image
on May 26, 2014
Cooperative games are a fairly new invention in modern board games. They really started with adult family games like Pandemic and then have now started appearing more and more in the younger children's market. It is a welcome trend. Competitive games are great for teaching social skills like remaining happy when losing, but cooperative games have an even more positive effect I believe. Teamwork is a more important skill to practice and you can still practice losing happily if your team doesn't beat the game.

This game works kind of like a where's Waldo adaptation. Richard Scarry books have often featured a find Goldbug activity in them and this game turns that observational practice into a timed team event.

First of all the board game is HUGE! The space is filled with loads of Richard Scarry type drawings illustrating an entire town. Players are trying to move all their character pieces to a picnic. To do this they end up having to find as many examples of randomly selected items as they can before a timer runs out. The more objects everyone finds the further the characters can move. Players place small plastic magnifying glasses on top of examples of whatever item they are looking for. If the all the characters don't get there fast enough the ants will cart away the picnic food and the board game wins.

My children (5 and 8) have had this game for about a year and a half and enjoy it, although there are other more strategic games they enjoy more and pull out more often now. I also enjoy playing this game with them. It holds all of our attention when we play.

Practicing observational skills is important for preschool children especially, but older elementary school aged students will also enjoy playing it with their preschool siblings. After preschool and kindergarten it really loses its possible educational benefits. Three to five year olds are the real target audience for this game. I would recommend this for preschool or kindergarten classroom use. The components should hold up fine for that use and it will be a hit game with them.
on January 6, 2017
My husband and I both grew up with Richard Scarry books, so it's fun to be able to pass on the characters to our kids. We have fun playing this with our 3 year old daughter, though she needs a little redirection and tends to just want to drive her car down the street! The search and find aspect when you spin a goldbug card is fun - like "Where's Waldo" with a time limit. I also like that it's cooperative. I think that's a good way to get younger kids into board games.
on December 8, 2011
I am 7 years old, and I love this game very much. Even my sister can play the game, and my sister is three. It is a family game, and we love it. You look through a fake magnifying glass to find different objects. You lose as a family and win as a family. I wish my mom would get it down more often.
0Comment| 342 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 28, 2017
My 4 year old takes issue with losing. Screaming, crying...it’s a REAL problem. So much that his preschool teachers have caught him manipulating games (cheating - he gets it all from his father! I couldn’t care less about winning.) and recommended different techniques and resources. This game is perfect! I’d describe it as CandyLand (without the annoying cards and paths that move you backwards) and I Spy. Your group is, essentially, working as a team to defeat the Busytown pigs. You get all of the benefits of playing a game - fun, connection, waiting your turn, counting spaces, following directions - with little to no friction. If the pigs win, we do a little family dance and he’s happy. Highly recommended.
on March 19, 2017
Even if your kids are not already fans of R.Scarry's Busy Town books and characters, there is a lot here to like here for kids aged 3-5.

The game board is sized 6+ feet long and packed with objects to hurry and find. The scenes are Where's Waldo-like in their detail and my 3 year old has enjoyed trying to beat the timer while trying to find the items scattered all over the game board. She hasn't mastered all the rules but seems to pick up a bit more each time we play.

The game has replay value for kids, and all the game's pieces are constructed of durable quality so I'm very happy with the purchase.

I grew up with R.Scarry, and am happy my girls also enjoy the books, and now this game.
on January 8, 2018
This game is a real winner with my 3 and 5 year old boys. Whenever we have family game nights, this is the game they pull out. The rules are simple, the board is colorful, the games are relatively short, and parents won't be bored playing along. I like the "Where's Waldo" aspect of this game as it's good vision practice for young kids. It's even a good game to practice memory because you sometimes need to remember things you searched for in previous games.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 19, 2015
Such a wonderful game for kids and even adults!! I bought this last year during a lightening deal for a Christmas gift and it was well worth it. It keeps the kids entertained for awhile. My 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old boys love this game. My 2 1/2 year old plays a little bit differently but either way this is their favorite game even a year later with other games that I have bought since then sitting in a corner. I would say the quality of the game is decent. (Not bad, not great) My boys definitely have had quite a bit of use out of this game. The game board itself is made out of cardboard and at the folds of the game board it has detached. I guess nothing that tape cannot fix. I am not too upset over this because of how much use we got out of this before it started to come apart, and the abuse it took from my 2 boys. I plan on buying another.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.