Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Asurion Toy Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Cover drops, spills, cracked screens along with electrical and mechanical issues
- Accidents happen - Be Prepared - Your coverage starts immediately
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Wonder Workshop Dash Robot
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dash is a real robot for children ages 6 and up that is responsive to its world; your child can bring it to life with our free apps available on iOS and Android. Dash comes with hundreds of exciting coding adventures and projects available in Wonder and Blockly apps.
- Use your Apple or Android smart phone or tablet to program Dash to move, dance, light up, make sounds, avoid obstacles, and even react to their voice. With the revolutionary free app Wonder, kids can program Dash to be the real robot pet, pal or sidekick of their dreams.
- No instructions needed! Our Wonder and Blockly apps feature built-in challenge tutorials that teach you how to program Dash from the very beginning of each program! Forget robot camp - you can easily learn Blockly and Wonder right in the app!
- Comes fully assembled, no batteries required. Comes with USB charging cable and two Building Brick Connectors to extend play with LEGO® and LEGO® Technic compatible bricks.
- Awards: 2015 National Parenting Gold, Time to Play Magazine 2015 Holiday Most Wanted List, Opening Minds Innovation for Schools, ISTE Best of Show for Schools
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Wonder Workshop Dash Robot
Dash makes learning to code fun
Charged and ready to play out of the box, Dash is a real robot that makes learning to code fun for kids. Responding to voice, navigating objects, dancing, and singing, Dash is the robot your child always dreamed of having. Dash presents your kids with hundreds of projects, challenges and puzzles as well as endless possibilities for freeform plays. Dash works with 5 free mobile apps for your Apple, Android and Kindle Fire devices.
Five Great Things about Dash
1. Dash is a real robot for children ages 6+ that makes learning to code fun for kids.
2. Using the free Apple, Android or Kindle Fire mobile apps to program Dash to move, dance, light up, make sounds, avoid obstacles, and even react to your child’s voice.
3. Dash presents your kids with hundreds of projects, challenges, and puzzles as well as endless possibilities for freeform play.
4. Dash also helps your child develop patience and build problem solving skills.
5. Dash is used in over 10,000 schools today and expanding rapidly.
In the box
- 1 Dash robot
- 2 building brick connectors
- 1 charging cable
The Wonder app makes robotics as delightful as finger painting
A picture based language built for kids, Wonder is the coding canvas that gives kids the joy of creativity as they bring Dash to life. Wonder makes the world of engineering and technology a delightful experience for every child.
Wonder is visual and intuitive, a revolutionary new framework for kids to learn how technology works in their everyday lives.
With Dash, you can also play with these other fee Wonder Workshop mobile apps
Get started easily with Go! Set up your robot, and start using the controls to move around, turn on the lights, and make noises. Record your voice and have Dash play it back as it moves around! It’s your mission to teach Dash how to play.
Draw a path to Dash’s next adventure. Program Dash to follow a path at the racetrack, on a farm, or in the big city. Unlock special abilities, record your own voice for Dash to play along the way, and discover new sounds and animations as you explore.
Blockly is the standard used in elementary schools today and recommended for kids by code.org. With Blockly, your child can take on coding challenges and make their own programs for Dash. Create your own dance, record your voice and have Dash play it back, play tag, or even program Dash to follow you around. With our new tutorial section, you can learn how to program with no previous experience.
What you need
- Compatible device with Bluetooth Smart 4 / LE (see below)
For the latest compatibility info please visit: https://www.makewonder.com/compatibility
Apple iOS - version 8.1+.
- iPad 3, 4.
- iPad Air 1, 2.
- iPad Mini 1, 2, 3, 4.
- iPhone 4s.
- iPhone 5, 5C, 5S.
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus.
- iPhone 7, 7 Plus.
- iPod Touch 5G, 6G.
Amazon Kindle Devices:
Kindle Fire Kids Edition:
- Kindle Fire HD 6.
- Kindle Fire HD 7 (2014).
- Kindle Fire 7 (2015).
- Kindle Fire HD 8.
- Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (4th generation).
Kindle Fire HD 10 (2015 HD Display)
Android – OS 4.4.2+ KitKat.
Nexus 7 (2013). *
Galaxy Note 10.1
Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Galaxy Tab 3, 8.0, 10.1
Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, 8.0, 10.1
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Galaxy Tab S 8.4, 10.5
Galaxy S4, S5, S6, S6 Edge, S7, S7 Edge
Nexus 5, 5X, 6, 6P
* Nexus 7 (2013) can only connect to one robot at a time. This means that you cannot use Dash & Dot at the same time. We recommend Nexus 7 (2013) users purchase Dash only.
'The Most fun way to foster coding skills; through robotics!' - Melinda Gates '15 Holiday STEM Guide
'Of all the coding toys we’ve reviewed so far, this is the one that has impressed the most.' - Chris Byrne.
'Thoroughly absorbing.' - New York Times.
'Both kids begged me to take out the robots and start playing with them again.' - Business Insider.
'Wonder Workshop's notion that kids need to learn twenty-first century skills (and can have fun doing it) flips the industry paradigm on its head, putting kids first.' - James Oppenheim, Oppenheim Toys.
'They are designed to encourage kids to explore and be curious while also learning problem solving.' - VentureBeat.
Dash is an explorer who loves to go on adventures, play music, and solve challenges. Use free Wonder Workshop applications on supported devices to program Dash to do anything you imagine! Wonder Workshop Dash RobotDiscover a new world of play and learningKids define how they want to play. Whether you're into hosting make-believe tea parties, having jousts at magical kingdoms, or adventuring with friends, Dash will be there every step of the way. Children ages 6 and up learn the foundations of problem solving and computer programming as they have fun with Dash. Meet DashDash is an explorer who zips around the room, getting into mischief along the way. Using sensors, Dash can detect objects in front and behind, hear where you are, and run programs from a button press. This robot has quite the personality and becomes more capable as you program and play.Building Brick ConnectorsEvery Dash robot comes with two free building brick connectors. Transform Dash into an animal, a delivery truck, and even a catapult using your own LEGO bricks. Note that LEGO bricks are not included in the pack.With Dash, you can play with these applicationsGoGet started easily with Go! Set up your robot, and start using the controls to move around, turn on the lights, and make noises. It's your mission to teach Dash how to play.PathDraw a path to Dash's next adventure. Program Dash to follow a path at the racetrack, on a farm, or in the big city. Unlock special abilities, sounds, and animations as you explore. BlocklyTake on coding challenges and make your own programs for Dash using Blockly. Create your own dance, play tag, or even program Dash to follow you around. The robot arrives fully assembled and ready to play
Compare with similar items
Osmo Genius Kit
Mi Robot Builder Building Kit Remote Control Toy Programmable Coding (US Version with Warranty)
Osmo Coding Jam Game (Base required)
Osmo Coding Awbie Game (Base required)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||7.17 x 6.69 x 6.34 in||5 x 11.75 x 9.65 in||6.7 x 7.7 x 11.6 in||5.55 x 2.2 x 9.15 in||2.2 x 5.55 x 9.15 in|
|Item Weight||3 lbs||2 lbs||3.7 lbs||1 lb||1 lb|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Slick product design and very solid / sturdy construction.
- Powerful, smooth and responsive motors, will not get stuck on simple objects in its path and can truck over changes in terrain such (rugs clothing) with little effort. It can also avoid obstacles. Motors have a very smooth motion.
- Great battery life, and quick charging. I have not tested the full discharge, but you can easily get over an hour's worth of play-time out a partial charge (probably more).
- Nearly infinite configurability. I am simply blown away by the number of pre-defined nodes you can pull up and program into the system, as well as the simplicity of adding your own. the result is a ridiculously vast ability to configure different programs and interactions.
- FANTASTIC companion application, BRILLIANT UX/UI. I cannot overstate how incredibly well designed and implemented the robot and application are. The application It is one probably the best I have ever seen for a toy like this and easily the one thing that sets this above the rest. It is intuitive, responsive, and the education / tutoring progression section is phenomenal. My child has a blast going through the progression and enjoys the feel of the presentation. It does an excellent job of conveying basic and advanced principles and getting the user to not only execute those principles, but QA them.
- NO account sign up. NO user info. NO data tracking. In a world where every damned thing wants to siphon personal info through a sign up, subscription to a news letter, liking of a Facebook post, submission of a credit check and donation blood... for the honor of using it, this device has NONE of that nonsense. THANK YOU DASH!
SUPER DUPER PRO
- Price. I have seen a plethora of far inferior toys for double the cost (or more). This thing is a no-brainer at this price, especially when compared to the garbage out there.
CON / ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT
- I had to struggle with a CON, so this really more of an improvement request. A better way to export / view the actual code which the application is running, so the user can see a comparison between the node layout and the code used to execute the commend. This is minor though, as the current structure does an EXCELLENT job of introducing programing concepts, workflows and troubleshooting.
Just get it. You will not at all be disappointed.
**Edited to add: I am changing to 5 stars because Wonder Workshop has been a dream to work with. I sent in an email and they sent me a new Dash within 2 days, even though I'm technically out of the warranty period! I am returning our malfunctioning one. I am so glad and grateful they take such good care of their customers.
I chose Dash and Dot for my kids after reviewing 10-15 different kinds of robots and am very pleased with my decision. The Wonder team is doing a lot to keep the robots engaging including Scroll Quest missions, Dash and Dot Tv, and the robotics competition. My kids have had a few other robots before but Dash and Dot have definitely provided the most hours of play. I recommend getting started with Scroll Quest in the Wonder app. There is also a Blockly app which has an interface very similar to code.org which your child may have used before at school.
My kids even created a hide-and-seek game where they strap one phone to Dash's head and Facetime another phone that the seeker has. The seeker must stay in one place and drive Dash around to find the hider.
The app is super kid-friendly. Parents don't have to do much.
The toys are incredibly durable. They literally throw them around and nothing has ever broken.
The toys can be linked to interact with each other.
They can be programmed with unique vocabulary and sayings.
They continue to develop new abilities as your child spends more time working with them.
They teach coding skills.
They are cute.
Their voices and not annoying.
They aren't super loud.
The apps are being updated regularly, so there's new programming to discover over time.
They are fun for most any grade school age child.
We have tried MIPs and several other programming toys, but this one excels beyond them all.
Most recent customer reviews
A head mounted sensor would enable...Read more
According to the customer service person I talked to on the phone...Read more