- Series: Wood Magazine
- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Sterling (November 28, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1402711743
- ISBN-13: 978-1402711749
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (14 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,119,379 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Wood® Magazine: Arts and Crafts Furniture (Wood Magazine) Paperback – November 28, 2006
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. The book includes jigs such as a table saw tenon jig that makes it much easier to make Arts and Crafts furniture (with so many mortise and tenon joints). I built this jig before starting the Morris chair and it works well.
2. The combination of the multi-issue plans such as the Morris chair and its companion ottoman and coffee table. While the words are the same, they've reformatted them along with the pictures so it looks like a book rather than a reprint of old articles.
My only quibble is that they didn't use a lay-flat binding, so I have to put something on top of the open page or use a book holder to keep it open. With lay-flat bindings being readily available (e.g., O'Reilly books are a good example), I don't see why they don't use them for project books like this one.
The plans are straightforward, there is no BS or waste of time /'filler' pages.
I specially liked the cutting tables which are precise and very time saving. So far I have build the lantern and the clock. The projects were challenging because you have to cut some pieces to quarter of an inch.
The tenoning jig mentioned in this chapter is detailed and cumbersome. I decided not to build it.I find that a simple router tenoning jig does a better job.
This should be a must have book in your collection.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
if you are into furniture very informative, nice referencePublished on August 23, 2014 by derek waller
GREAT BOOK ON ARTS & CRAFTS FURNITURE FROM WOOD MAGAZINE. I HAVE ENJOYED VIEWING THE FURNITURN PROJECT AND PLANS. THE WRITEUPS ARE GOOD . . . Read morePublished on July 24, 2014 by criinspections
I saw a copy of Arts and Crafts Furniture at the library. Took it home and after reviewing decided I wanted to add a copy to my personal library.Published on January 10, 2013 by Russell J Robertson
It was actually my adult daughter who bought this magazine for her father for his birthday. She mentioned that she loved it very much and that she saw many projects she would like... Read morePublished on March 3, 2008 by Denise Y. Thomson