Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Wood Pellet Smoker and Grill Cookbook: Recipes and Techniques for the Most Flavorful and Delicious Barbecue Hardcover – May 17, 2016
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
- Item Weight : 1.37 pounds
- Hardcover : 196 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1612435599
- ISBN-13 : 978-1612435596
- Dimensions : 7.6 x 0.7 x 9.4 inches
- Publisher : Ulysses Press (May 17, 2016)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #5,926 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For those of you who do not have a grill/smoker yet, I would STRONGLY encourage you to look into this book. The author does an outstanding job proivding a very comprehensive background on the grill/smokers and explains in thorough details, about all of the componenents of these grill/smokers. He also provides you with two detailed charts on both, cooking time and the type of wood to use in cooking the various types of food in the grill/smoker. I love this and use it as a source of reference while preparing my food.
Last but not least, a VERY nice section on a lot of scrumptuous recipes to make on the grill/smoker. In the Kindle version, the indexing works GREAT! One can click on a recipe and go directly to it. That, to me, is an important part of ANY Kindle book. Sadly, not all Kindle books are designed the same way.
PROS: Thorough details, easy to read and understand, great recipes, indexing on Kindle
CONS: None noted
Once we get past the breakdown of what every thing does on a WPG, why to choose a WPG (this stands for Wood Pellet Grill btw), how the heat is distributed, storage, food pairings, accoutrement and seasoning tips (actually a bunch of good information that doesn't take up a lot of space)... there are the RECIPES! I mean, that's what we all came here for, right? There is meatloaf, steak, fish, BLUEBERRY COBBLER? I mean, come on! It's pretty much guaranteeing that there will be no "Summer body" for me. I'll be too busy eating and watching my dad master the craft that is smoking and grilling with wood pellets.
1. Great layout and readability.
2. Useful and clear pictures. Lots of high-quality photos.
3. Every recipe is something I might actually make, wonderful choices, especially on poultry.
4. The section on brines and sauces is the best I have seen. I may make every one of them to try.
5. Covers the basics well; ribs, butts, brisket, chicken
6. Great value for a book this good.
7. I really liked his approach to naked bbq;. Let the food speak for itself, add BBQ sauce for those who want it instead of slathering everything.
1. Needs a better discussion on injections and mops. If the author doesn't like these tell us why.
2. A couple of comments on meat-sourcing and choosing meat quality for certain foods would have been useful.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Peter, you knocked this one out of the park!! If you write another book I will buy it!!
However, the intro read did inform me of a few things that I did not know about the smoking
effects, and the new knowledge was very useful. I did review the recipes for various rubs, they looked
easy to make, and given the ingredients suggested it looked like they would be good rubs to try.
You can tell from the writing that Peter J is a big fan of the Pellet Smokers so I think that this
is a book worth owning.