- Save 5% each on Qualifying items offered by ABeadedCurtain when you purchase 2 or more. Enter code XF9ILAHJ at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Wooden Door Beaded Curtain 125 Strands (+hanging hardware)
|Sale:||$65.19 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$22.30 (25%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Truly a piece of hand painted artwork. Fits most doorways and windows. Also looks wonderful when hung on a wall as art.
- Each bamboo curtain is 36" x 79" with 125 strands attached to a wooden hanging bar. The width of curtain can be also shortened by simply cutting hanging bar or can be hung on the outside of doorway.
- Each curtain contains approx. 4000 beads and each bead is completely painted so the image is viewable from both sides at any angle.
- Each beaded curtain curtain arrives fully assembled and with HANGING HARDWARE INCLUDED so you will have your beaded curtain up quickly.
- Currently the highest quality bamboo beaded curtain being manufactured.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Handmade and hand painted: Each of our beaded curtains begins with approximately 4000 beads cut into 2.5" sections from natural bamboo stalks. The bamboo beads are then strung together by hand using wire to create a strand. 125 strands are then attached to a wooden hanging bar to create a bamboo beaded curtain. Finally, each bead and strand is individually hand painted producing the art you see on each beaded curtain. Since each bead is entirely painted the image is viewable on both sides of the curtain from any angle. Highest quality with 125 strands: Our hand painted bamboo beaded curtains are the highest quality beaded curtains currently being manufactured. Each bamboo curtain is truly in a class of its own. We have been making beaded curtains since 2001 and have learned by trial, error, and customer feedback. From our experience we have found 125 strands to be the ideal number of strands per curtain. This strand count provides curtain density, durability, and vivid image detail. With less than 125 strands, you lose density and detail in the painting. With greater than 125 strands, the bead diameter becomes too small making the beads fragile and prone to breaking.
Top customer reviews
from this same line for another doorway.
The beads provide a sense of a door if the other room is dark. They provide a partial visual obstruction (not exactly translucent, though) if the other room is dimly lit. They provide NO obstruction if the other room is equally lit or brighter than the viewed-from room.
If you want to have privacy but also want to have a light on -- on both sides -- you'll need another barrier as well (maybe a curtain).
If you want something to provide some aesthetics and have no problem with the privacy issue (or want to use a curtain as a backer), this item is great!!! BTW, to make it really interesting, buy two of these for a doorway and offset them by about 3/16" on each side: No curtain needed!!
For comparison, the strands of beads are spaced about 1/16" apart at the attached rod, and appear as tightly spaced as any other beaded curtain that I have ever seen. As they hang (due to the variations in the way they drape), they can be up to 1/8" apart in places.
On the issue of getting damaged (yes, the reviews are enlightening :D): I ended up buying two curtain straps and hooks from Bed, Bath, Beyond. I tie them back if we are cleaning, doing laundry, or planning on carrying stuff through that doorway. The strands *do* get caught on stuff if you are not careful. I believe this would be true of many types of densely-spaced beaded curtains.
Hanging was simple: 2 nails or 2 screws. Measure, hammer or screw, and hang. No problem.
ADDITIONAL REVIEW POSTED TODAY WITH PICS:
It continues to fall apart and the wires are breaking almost daily - pics are below. I almost put a 2-inch piece of wire through my foot yesterday!
SPOKE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE TODAY
They are sending me a new one to replace the one that was damaged. I'm hoping this one arrives without any problems.