Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on December 5, 2015
We have been trying for years to create realist water in our Christmas Village and finally stumbled upon this, this year.
It does get any better that this, it did the job perfectly. The picture is the proof .......
review imagereview image
36 people found this helpful
on August 17, 2015
This stuff is awesome but it took a long time for it to dry. I wanted to fill a half in deep area in my layout to make a pool and had to pour many small layers over a 2 week timeframe to cover it. Even having done that it still took a month or so before it was safe to touch it without leaving an impression. The end result is awesome though. Really love how it looks with the water fall made from the water effects.
24 people found this helpful
on March 15, 2012
Works very well with minimal work. Simple directions that yield great results. Takes a little while to dry, but well worth the wait.

Update for clarification:
Three things you should know that my husband did not realize when I gave it to him:
1.Do not shake the container--as you shake it, it heats and could start to harden in the bottle;
2.The viscosity of this stuff is not very high, so the best thing to do is add one thin coat at a time to avoid making a mess (Note: when we say thin, we mean less than 5mm or 1/4 in, closer to 3mm or 1/8 in)--think similar to polyurethane coating;
3.DO NOT put this stuff directly on styrofoam. It is primarily used for model railroad terrain and not historical miniature terrain. You can use it on the styrofoam hexes, but you will have to seal the styrofoam first with a really good water-based paint or a thin but uniform coating of elmer's glue. If the artificial water seeps through a blotchy coating, it will dissolve standard styrofoam hexes. I also recommend using more applications of thinner layers if you try this on sealed styrofoam, just to make sure that you don't have any runoff seeping down the edge of the hex.
54 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on December 25, 2017
Let me tell you my experience: I used this on a 1/16 river diorama and I was totally frustrated, since this liquid NEVER solidifies!!!
It hardens out a little, but it's always fluid...
The instructions say it dries out after 2 days, but 3 months later my river kinda melted down and ruined my work.
I suppose it works fine on a pond or on a very small-scale diorama (HO), but it's useless once you get to 1/32 scale or higher...
Oh, and it can be easily scratched if you rub your finger over its surface, so it's impossible to clean it with a cloth.
I learned my lesson and built a 2nd diorama with an epoxy-based resin, and it worked out perfectly.
2 people found this helpful
on May 11, 2017
very realistic water
7 people found this helpful
on January 21, 2018
This worked as expected as it gave that exact water effect I was looking for. I created a frozen pond scenery for Christmas décor, and I thought this product worked as advertised. I used a thin layer of it on top of some white clay-like material and it created a realistic looking frozen pond. Of course I had to put some coloring on the clay to make it look like its deeper than it actually is. See picture.
on August 16, 2014
I wonder if I am the only one who has marred the surface of Realistic Water before it completely set. Here' how I handled the situation. Since the product is water soluble, I let it set up to just about dry. Before it completely dried, I put several drops of water on the surface and smoothed out the divots and scrapes with my fingers. Depressions were left, and after it totally dried, I added another thin layer of Realistic Water which leveled the surface and solved the problem. This is great product and very "realistic".
13 people found this helpful
on June 16, 2018
Gets 2 stars because there is no mixing required. I am disappointed because I read the Q&A to see if I can use ithe for making flower arrangements...unfortunately my vase has a cloudy/creamy-like liquid instead of clear-like water as described. Disappointed is an understatement.
on September 9, 2017
I love this stuff! The only annoyance is the 24 hour "curing" time, before applying another layer. But I do love it, and it lives up to all the hype! Highly recommended.
on February 19, 2017
loses about 1/3 of its volume when fully dried. the product is a milky color making it very hard to see if you have air bubbles when laying it down.
It's only good for very shallow water effects. deep pools will not work well.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.