|Item Weight||4.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3 x 1.5 x 6 inches|
|Item model number||2001|
|Style||24-Hour with Light Sensor|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Woods 2001WD Outdoor 24hr Outlet Timer with Photocell Light Sensor, 1 Grounded Outlet, Weatherproof
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$8.92 (50%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- OUTDOOR TIMER OUTLET WITH PHOTOCELL SENSOR DESIGN: this photoelectric timer has a photocell that can sense the amount of light outdoors and automatically switches on/off your lights
- MONEY-SAVING OUTDOOR ELECTRICAL OUTLET TIMER: adjust the outlet timer for outdoor use according to your preferences (dusk-down, 2, 4, 6 or 8 hours) and your outdoor or holiday lights will switch on and off on their own, offering time and money savings
- USER-FRIENDLY OUTLET OUTDOOR TIMER: simply twist the dial to adjust your settings on the outdoor power outlet timer and the settings will repeat daily
- WEATHERPROOF TIMER OUTDOOR OUTLET: having a 6-inch cord and compatible with 3-wire plugs, this waterproof outdoor outlet timer can be used with patio and yard lights, as well as holiday decorations
- VERSATILE OUTDOOR ELECTRIC OUTLET TIMER: rated at 8.3 Amp, this outdoor outlet with timer is compatible with outdoor lights, patio lights, rope lights, fans, mini outdoor fountains, among others
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: A leader in a wide variety of electrical cord products, bulk electrical and electronic wire, surge protectors, garden lights, timer products and other accessories. Our Company strives to deliver strong performance every day. We’ve built a culture that puts customer needs first, making us easy to do business with and placing us at the top of our customers’ list of suppliers
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Photoelectric eye automatically turns Yardmates system on at dusk. 2-8 hours set-back feature. 8 amps, 1,000 watts, 125 volts. U.L. Listed.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If the outlets you intend to use take curved prongs, this might work for you, but I think it’s worth checking your outlet before you wait two+ days to get the product only to discover it won’t work. Just checking a few things, extension cords and surge protectors that are rated for indoors seem to have the curved feature on their prongs. Outdoor extension cords have the flat kind.
The product has been on the market for a long time, so perhaps it was not designed according to current standards. Our house is only 2 years old, so it has some safety features that older homes don’t have. I could be wrong, but my theory is that’s the problem. The outlet is definitely not “too small” as the manufacturer answered my question. That’s frankly absurd. Plenty of other 3-prong plugs will go in just fine, as long as the prongs are flat on top. (Maybe some electrician can comment and speak to that. I am curious about an explanation.)
I was able to get a refund by contacting customer service. It’s not a “returnable item,” but it does have a satisfaction guarantee, and they stood by that.
To anyone considering using this timer for holiday lights, I have a few thoughts (take them or leave them):
I recommend that you consider the cord length between where the plug is and the timing control unit. If your goal is to use this timer for outdoor lights, particularly in a covered or semi-covered space (i.e. a roofed balcony, a patio with a trellace), then mounting the timer may become necessary if you cannot otherwise orient the timer towards the sun. If this is your situation, you may want to consider an option with a longer cord. Alternatively, you could use a small extension cord, if compatible, to help the timer reach a better position for mounting. I was not able to mount the unit onto the exterior wall of my apartment, which inhibits its ability to function properly under conditions where there is very little (but some) sunlight remaining because it rotates slightly. When it starts to get close to sunset, the unit alternates between on and off a few times before finally staying on. To me, this is no big deal. As long it doesn't damage the lights it is controlling, I'm happy. I want to emphasize that this is not the fault of the product, but rather a byproduct of shortsightedness on my part. Part of the issue for me was the way the outlet was installed (it protrudes from the wall and is too far from the ground to just set the unit on the floor) and the fact that the outlet has a cover, making it more difficult to bend the cord to a proper mounting position while still being able to reach the lights it is supposed to be controlling.
Most recent customer reviews