Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Color: Black|Size: 88 in.|Change

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 24 reviews
on September 3, 2013
I first saw these chimes at a local nursery almost 10 years ago. I had listened to every one of their other Woodstock chimes, then tried the huge King David chimes last. At the first tone, I was lost. Captivated. Transfixed. Compared to the others, this particular chime was deeper, richer, and the resonance seemed to go right through me. The resonance went on and on, and the music it makes was just breathtaking.
After a move, we discovered my old chimes (not King David) had broken strings. My husband fixed them with fishing line but they soon broke again. When I asked him about them a few months later, he wasn't sure what had happened to them. So....I said if he lost these chimes, perhaps it was time to get the awesome King David chimes? He thought I was joking, but I shopped around, and settled on the chimes sold on Amazon. Another site had them for $20. less, but I was more confident going with Amazon; they back up their products pretty well, and the other site was totally unknown to me.
Only one of our trees is big enough to hold these huge chimes; they are about 7 feet long and weigh 35 lbs. I was concerned about the occasional high winds, but the chimes are so heavy they hold their own and are not too noisy. Also, my husband was afraid the neighbors would complain, but the people behind us love them! They were wondering what the beautiful sounds were so they looked over the fence, lol. They told my husband they are high quality chimes and had beautiful sound. They sit outside and listen to them, too. :D
Another concern was perhaps they'd get stolen. After hanging them up, I discarded that worry. They are not only 35 lbs, but they would be extremely noisy to remove!
I live in AZ, and the days are usually too hot for me, so in the evenings I stretch out on a lawn chair to look at the bright stars and listen for the chimes. They never fail to carry me away, and were worth every penny. Thank you for a lovely product.
on September 16, 2012
Due to some good luck on the stock market (Thank you Apple Computer!) I felt flush enough to order both the Chimes of Apollo and Chimes of King David. The Chimes of Apollo are large by comparison to other wind chimes but only half the size of the King David Chimes. The Apollo chimes are very nice but the King David chimes are outstanding.

They are very large and well made and have a magnificent, long, sustained tone when the wind moves the clapper. The chimes are deep, melodic and majestic compared to the ting-a-ling sound of lessor wind chimes.

If you can afford to spend over $400. on wind chimes, you will be richly rewarded by the Chimes of King David.

I seldom rate anything at five stars but this product merits the top rating.

Easy John
on May 12, 2016
This was a splurge for us. After finding many helpful reviews and searching out Woodstock Chimes and the designer, Garry Kvistad, as well as the sound clip (from another sight) we jumped. Oh my goodness, we're so glad we did. It's magnificent. In looks and quality, yes, but it's the sound that catches you. It has peaceful, deep tones that harmonize and bring instant calm.

It's VERY heavy. I would encourage you to do the research and have a safe and productive plan in place before you want to hang it. The paddle itself is as large as a shoe box (not thickness, but length and width). It says it weighs 35 lbs but it feels way heavier than that. It gave my husband a fit getting it up the ladder. So please have a plan. It is long. Every bit as described. The finish is even and beautiful. The packaging is good, the product protected.

Our children are pleased, our animals seem unintimidated by the sounds (which says a lot to me as well). We're so glad we found this chime. I've ordered two others from Woodstock Chimes (Bali and Aloha ), the sounds of these chimes are so pure and alive, like none other I've heard.
on February 9, 2017
I first saw these at a house my husband was working on. I wanted him to take these in lieu of payment! After hemming and hawing for quite some time, I could not pass up the price here! They are hanging outside of our bedroom window. It took three guys to get them up there. They sound amazing and I look forward to breezy days. Occasionally they will wake me up during the night but the sound is so beautiful, it lulls me right back to sleep. I would definitely purchase another set!
on October 3, 2011
My husband and I first heard the King David chimes in a gift shop in Lake Placid, NY. The tones produced were so haunting, we went home not being able to think about much else. So I found a set at a more reasonable price and gave it to him for our anniversary. We have them hanging under our back deck and the harmonious tones are absolutely heavenly. We live near one of the Finger Lakes, so we often have a breeze year round, which is perfect. Just listening to the deep, long-lasting, ringing tones of this chime is enough to send you into a state of bliss...or at least take the stress out of the day.

We were so impressed with these chimes, we purchased the Athena chimes to hang in a nearby tree before the summer was out.
on April 16, 2017
My husband purchased these for me for Christmas. I love love love them. The hanging system is a little sub par we r used our own locking ring but it warms great
on September 6, 2014
Bought this chime for our 1915 Era kit home. We live in a noisy, crime ridden neighborhood. The deep resonant tones from this chime bring a sense of calm and peace. Though the chime is not loud, per se, the deep tones carry well. Our neighbors have complimented us on them, saying how much the enjoy the sound and passers-by have been overheard commenting on the beautiful sounds coming from our "church" house.
on May 9, 2014
Ordered these chimes on the 8th and with Amazon Prime, got them on the 9th. Great chimes with a very nice low tone with a long resonating sound from the tubes. Very heavy with thick wall aluminum tubing. I would recommenced them to anyone with the money to spend on them and like a nice low toned sound. The only reason I am giving 4 stars is that even with the astronomical price of these chimes, the owners of this Co. have elected to leave American workers out of jobs and have these made in China like so many other companies have done. Kill America and get rich doing it. Sure is a shame.
on May 23, 2012
The sound is fabulous and truly does resonate. A friend thought she was hearing distant church bells. I had to have help hanging them because they are so heavy, and a "warning" is packaged with the chimes about making sure the structure you suspend them from can bear their weight. That being said, they are well worth the trouble--nothing else compares to a Windsinger!
on September 9, 2014
Fabulous large wind chime. Beautiful, resonating sound. A find addition to any area. Sounds great with the Chimes of Apollo and are a definite conversation starter. These are so well made, high quality. Buy them from Amazon and one can save quite a bit. We love our wind chimes from this place.