- Age Range: 8 - 12 years
- Grade Level: 3 - 7
- Lexile Measure: 690 (What's this?)
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: jimmy patterson (December 12, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0316349569
- ISBN-13: 978-0316349567
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 1 x 7.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 75 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #59,046 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Word of Mouse Hardcover – December 12, 2016
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
* "Patterson and frequent collaborator Grabenstein offers this charming tale of Isaiah, a blue (yes-bright blue!) mouse, and his effort to break his family out of a very bad place. Sutphin provides black-and-white spot illustrations that recall the great mouse protagonists of the mid-20th century. With smart witticisms to launch each quick-paced chapter, Isaiah is truly a mouse that roars."―Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Children's literature offers a long tradition of clever mice who accomplish amazing feats, and Patterson and Grabenstein's Isaiah seems destined to join them. Here's hoping this unique hero returns soon with further adventures."―Booklist, starred review
"Brilliant, fast-paced, and loaded with wisdom, humor, and boldness, Word of Mouse is pitch-perfect in every way."―The Times Herald
"As Isaiah comes to recognize his own skills, courage, and self-worth, he emboldens others....Isaiah's friendship with a human girl named Hailey (it's implied she has albinism) further drives home the novel's themes of celebrating individuality and belief in oneself. Sutphin's detailed line drawings pair perfectly with this sweet tale."―Publisher's Weekly
"A fun, relatable tale with...a strong message about focusing on the things we have in common, not the ones that divide us. Word of Mouse will tickle the funny bones."―Common Sense Media
About the Author
James Patterson received the Literarian Award for Outstanding Service to the American Literary Community at the 2015 National Book Awards. He holds the Guinness World Record for the most #1 New York Times bestsellers, including Middle School and I Funny, and his books have sold more than 325 million copies worldwide. A tireless champion of the power of books and reading, Patterson has created a new children's book imprint, JIMMY Patterson, whose mission is simple: We want every kid who finishes a JIMMY Book to say, "PLEASE GIVE ME ANOTHER BOOK." He has donated more than one million books to students and soldiers and funds over four hundred Teacher Education Scholarships at twenty-four colleges and universities. He has also donated millions to independent bookstores and school libraries. Patterson will be investing his proceeds from the sales of JIMMY Patterson Books in pro-reading initiatives.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
Top customer reviews
Illustrations by Joe Sutphin are fabulous. Worth the price of the book to get all of the illustrations.