Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change
Price:$9.16+ $3.99 shipping

Showing 1-10 of 79 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 99 reviews
on July 29, 2015
Western Christianity strikes again. The assumption that one diety rules all threw me off of the philosophy. Maybe some good advice here and there but the smug insistence of the American "God" and no other possibile faith avenues wasn't making it easy to follow the advice. What if I dont identify as Christian? This book should be identified as Christian philosophy.
The Jimmy Page author name threw me off. I didnt worry about checking out the authors because WHO would co opt that name? Really WHO?
on March 18, 2017
Good book
on December 28, 2015
Simple yet powerful! This book is a great way to lead you into the new year! I read it the last week of every year.
on December 29, 2012
Although I think this is a good idea and will work well in our busy confusingly lives, I was really put off by the constant and references to God and prayer. The book was also disappointingly thin and lacked substance. Quite frankly you can get the entire gyst of the book from the sample and don't have to waste money in buying it. It can be summarised in a one page blog, which is where it should have stayed.
on February 3, 2013
I am a huge fan of Jon Gordon and his collaboration on this book is evident. I gave a copy to all of my employees for Christmas and most of them read it from start to finish in one sitting. It takes only 45 minutes to read and is a great concept. My word for 2013 is Balance.
on December 19, 2012
I thought it was a great book--easy to read, easy to understand, giving a simple message about a profound difference that one word can make in our lives. I like the idea of choosing one goal to focus on for an entire year. I want to bring this concept to work and see what can be accomplished if, as a team, we are all trying to improve in the same area.
on February 8, 2013
This was a great way to start the year. While is was a quick read, it inspires lots of great thinking. I ending up sending gifts to many family members.
on February 15, 2013
One Word is a quick easy read, but I found it to be life changing. Not only that but finding my One Word proved to be more challenging than I thought. For 2013, my word is Wisdom because, "knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers." Read it.
on May 3, 2014
LIKE THE BOOK SAYS IT WILL TAKE YOU 44 MINUTES TO READ BUT IN THOSE 44 MINUTES YOU WILL GAIN A WEALTH OF INFORMATION THAT WILL BE LIFE CHANGING FOR THE BETTERMENT OF YOURSELF AND THOSE YOU COME IN CONTACT WITH.
on January 12, 2013
Simple but sound advise on how anyone can change their life. Most of us are looking for "external" changes that will "fix" us, One Word helps us to see that change comes from within.