Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

WordGirl vs the Energy Monster
Format: DVD|Change

on July 18, 2014
My three year old loves Word Girl and this series of episodes, like all the others on the PBS series, are very high quality educational programs that are very engaging as they help build children's vocabularies.

My wife made a Word Girl costume for my daughter that she almost refuses to take off.
on January 9, 2017
Good video
on August 31, 2016
Great deal.
on December 11, 2013
I love Word Girl in general. This is a good one, because the monster turns out to be sweet. Most of the other villans are okay...like that...but watch out for Miss Power...who uses the power of words to hurt people. She is glamorized and my kids want to be like her.....I'm still trying to back pedal from that.
4 people found this helpful
on July 12, 2015
Perfect! And shipped fast.
on September 8, 2016
Arrived early. Just what we wanted.
on August 27, 2013
Word Girl is a fast-paced attention-keeping educational program which is entertaining for ages 2 to 92! My daughter loves to dance along with Captain Huggy-Face at the end of each episode.
One person found this helpful
on February 3, 2016
My granddaughter (3 1/2) loves it.
on December 30, 2014
My children love
|0Comment|Report abuse
Honestly Wordgirl is a show I didn't think my kids would like or get, but I was wrong. I think they have seen it before on PBS but having a whole DVD was perfect for them. If you (or your child) has never seen Wordgirl, it is a show where a girl is both a regular girl and a superhero, along with her sidekick who is a monkey! The show is all about vocabulary words with it teaching eight new vocabulary words in the four episodes. I am amazed at how my kids pay attention to this show even though the main character is a girl and its about words, I guess they haven't realized I want them to watch it because its educational! What is great though about the vocabulary words is that not only do the characters use the words but they explain they explain the words. My boys even repeat them and I think they are understanding them. The show is also unlike other animated shows though which is a nice break.

I received this DVD to review in exchange for sharing my honest opinion.
3 people found this helpful