- Series: For Dummies
- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 3 edition (October 26, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 111908864X
- ISBN-13: 978-1119088646
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 48 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #273,735 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
WordPress Web Design For Dummies 3rd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Create dynamic, custom websites with the self-hosted version of WordPress
- Determine color scheme, site navigation, and typography based on your design strategy
- Plan your design for mobile device and tablet users
Your full-color guide to creating dynamic websites with WordPress
Do you want to take your WordPress skills to the next level? From bestselling author and WordPress expert Lisa Sabin-Wilson, this friendly guide quickly gets you up to speed on the latest release of the software. Its easy-to-understand direction will show you how to use WordPress to effortlessly create customized, compelling, and cost-effective websites.
- Get a solid foundation explore web design with WordPress, understand domain requirements, and manage content confidently
- Assemble your toolbox plan your design strategy, choose graphics and software resources, pick colors and fonts, and explore editors, browsers, and FTP
- Choose your theme find and install a WordPress theme, dissect themes and templates, and display content with widgets and template tags
- Build your website use basic CSS and HTML to customize your site design, design for WordPress as a CMS, and enhance your website with plugins
Open the book and find:
- How to use WordPress as a content management system
- Steps for installing WordPress on your web server
- Tips for working with the default theme as well as parent and child themes
- How to implement advanced CSS, SaSS, and responsive design
- Guidance on inserting images into your page or post
- Steps for building a community with BuddyPress
- Powerful plugins for WordPress
About the Author
Lisa Sabin-Wilson is the co-owner of WebDevStudios, a development company specializing in custom WordPress plugins, themes, and deployments. She is a popular conference speaker and bestselling author of WordPress For Dummies and WordPress All-in-One For Dummies. Find her on Twitter @LisaSabinWilson.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'm a graphic designer. I've made a living in print and digital media for many years. WordPress is a fantastic web building tool and the first technology that seems to work well for designers and developers as well as more casual users. It also has a growing and infinitely supportive community. Lisa's book helps to pull much of this together in short order.
However, like any book attempting to give detailed explanation about digital tools, it can only do so much. In some spots, I had wished for more specific examples. When I got into tight spots, I simply cross referenced her notes with those in the WordPress Codex, and I was able to get a more thorough understanding. The other thing to be aware of is that Wordpress is constantly being updated and improved. So, using this book as a jumping off point in association with support from elsewhere in the community works best. Essentially, I've learned tons just from reading though it as a tour and found it very helpful with the actual tasks when coupled with additional texts.
The nice thing about the book is that it corrals many of the key learning points of WP and moves you in the right direction.