- Series: For Dummies
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 7 edition (August 3, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119088577
- ISBN-13: 978-1119088578
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 49 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #187,606 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
WordPress For Dummies 7th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
There is a newer edition of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
- Set up your WordPress.org account
- Choose a web host
- Use WordPress as a CMS
- Manage multiple sites
For blogging and more, WordPress has the tools. Here's how to make the most of them!
WordPress was born for blogging, but today it also powers one of every five websites. Harness the power of this versatile beast with help from this book! From the basics of installing and setting up WordPress software to adding media files, activating plugins, hosting a network of websites on your domain, and sidestepping pitfalls, it's all here.
- WordPress 101 discover how WordPress works, set it up, choose a platform, explore the capabilities of WordPress.org, and check out the newest features
- Getting down to business choose and register your domain name, get hosting help, set up FTP, and learn to use the WordPress Dashboard
- Setting up your site establish categories, manage permalinks, compose posts, handle comments, and banish spam
- Flexing your WordPress muscles explore media management tools and choose plugins that extend WordPress capabilities
- Content management, WordPress style create a website with custom templates, enable the WordPress network feature, migrate an existing site to WordPress, and manage multiple sites
- Get noticed learn to optimize your websites and blogs to attract search engines
Open the book and find:
- Tips for setting up the WordPress Dashboard
- How to install WordPress and set up the MySQL database
- Tips on managing blog spam
- Help configuring settings
- WordPress RSS options
- How to choose, download, and install plugins
- Advice on customizing themes
- Steps for importing a blog from another platform
About the Author
Lisa Sabin-Wilson is co-owner of WebDevStudios, a development company that specializes in custom WordPress plugins, themes, and deployments. A popular conference speaker, Lisa is the author of previous editions of WordPress For Dummies as well as WordPress Web Design For Dummies.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
WordPress for Dummies is a great reference guide in managing and maintaining your WordPress website. This book provides a detailed run-through in helping with your self installed/hosted version of WordPress website You will learn to set up your WordPress.org account, choose a host and much more. It was interesting learning about the different versions of WordPress...hosting, self-hosting. With WordPress for Dummies you will learn to create a blog to suit your needs, from installing and setting it up, to adding files and plug-ins to customize it. All in all, I am pleased with all the tips this book provided and the visuals that made it easier to understand.
I do feel that I, personally, will need to read this book again and definitely use it as a reference tool but it did give me the knowledge to begin confidently. I highly recommend this book as a great guide to WordPress.
I received this book free for my honest and unbiased review. All opinions are my own based on my own personal experience.
I highly recommend this book.
I was provided this book for free in return for my honest opinion.