Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on August 1, 2016
I purchased the WordPress For Dummies because I have read many of the "for Dummies" books and found them extremely helpful and informative. This lived up to that expectation. I recently started a blog and chose WordPress as my platform. When I chose WordPress, I didn't think it would be difficult to use. You can set up a blog rather quickly but it will be very basic. There are so many features to WordPress that make blogging so much easier and enjoyable but you have to know how to use those features.
This book is a valuable resource. It is written in language everyone can understand even if you aren't a computer whiz. It offers tips and warnings just like the other Dummies books for other subjects.
I have read many resource books on WordPress since purchasing this book and I found this book to have the most useful resources. It walk's you through just about everything you could possible want or need in a blog.
I would recommend this for anyone new to WordPress as it will get you up and blogging in a timely fashion. I also recommend this to people who are already blogging. I learned more in this book than any other book and found it the easiest to read, understand and follow.
I will continue to purchase the Dummies books as they are always a educational tool that I find extremely helpful when learning about something new.
on June 22, 2013
WordPress is an odd program. For example, it has both a "quick edit" and an "edit" function that can be used- but quick edit has a button to allow/disallow comments, and edit does not. And there are other strange anomalies, the reasons for which are known only to god and the WP programmers. This book does not go into these mysteries, but does have an adequate presentation of the basics, which I found useful.
on March 29, 2013
I purchased this book, because I believed the title - big mistake. This author is mildly amusing in a couple of places in this book, but I didn't purchase this book for her sense of humor. I purchased this book, because I needed a "tony has a pony" type of approach to help me establish myself into a WordPress.org website. PLEASE be advised that I am not an idiot who doesn't even know how to turn my computer on. I am middle of the road computer savy, but this lady left me WAAAAAY behind on more than one occassion. How can I like or even be impressed with what she writes when I can't understand what she is saying? Unfortunately, she appears blissfully unaware of what her target audience is...she seems to be fulfilling her OWN needs in writing this book rather than HELPING her readers to understand what is a fairly simple subject. WordPress is a very very user friendly package, but this book makes it seem overwhelmingly difficult...mores the pity. Ms. Sabin-Wilson, I do not apologize for my review. BUYERS BEWARE! There are much simpler ways (and cheaper) to learn WordPress. RUN AWAY from this book.
on May 13, 2016
its a book - AND
on November 17, 2013
So far, I haven't read much that I didn't already know, because I took a class in WordPress. But I'm fairly certainly it is going to help me out as I continue to build my own website.
on November 25, 2013
Breaks down complex topics into easy to understand and use info. Leads you to what you need so you don't have to read the whole thing.
on January 17, 2014
This book on word press is exactly what I needed. The chaperts help focus your search when trying to solve a problem.
on April 3, 2015
Still I must really be a Dummy.
on August 3, 2015
thanks
on August 20, 2013
Very helpful! Nice set up and well written. Makes understanding wordpress much easier. I recommend it to new and old users alike.