- File Size: 3858 KB
- Print Length: 94 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: July 9, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B073TVGTBW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#224,075 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #74 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > Decision Making & Problem Solving
- #96 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > Classroom Management
- #392 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Education & Reference
Work It Out Together!: A Step-by-Step Guide for Implementing a Peer Mediation Program Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Eddington's peer mediation program also allowed students to work out feelings of frustration without punitive or disciplinary action having to become part of the situation. This enabled students to take the lead, ask for help when necessary, and resolve issues before they escalated into a full-blown disciplinary issue.
Additionally, the program allowed students to build their own skills at resolving conflicts that will occur in their high school, college, and adult lives.
Dr. Eddington's wisdom and expertise in conflict resolution is a wonderful asset in any school.
Laurel A Murphy
8th Grade Teacher
In today’s undercurrent of terrorism, drive-by shootings, and rising heroin addiction, schools must supply a safe, nurturing, place for all students. Peer mediation programs enable students to think, analyze, and communicate their needs. Students also learn to take ownership for desired change. Team work is prevalent throughout the entire process. These programs also equip students to learn life-long problem solving strategies. Students can “agree to disagree” while maintaining respect for all involved parties. Arming students with peer mediation skills allows students to grab control of their situation, rather than falling victim to it.
As research indicates, when school chaos is lessened, student achievement increases. Dr. Eddington’s easy to follow book will pave the path to creating a climate where learning can thrive. Work It Out Together!: A Step-by-Step Guide for Implementing a Peer Mediation Program
Working It Out provides a concise blueprint, guiding the reader through each step in creating a very effective peer mediation program that is critical to providing a safe teaching and learning environment in any school, and is great for Home Schooling as well!
Destrie Larrabee, MA, Ed
Retired, Columbus Public Schools, Safe Schools Program Coordinator
Certified Mediator/Trainer: Conflict Resolution; From Conflict to Consensus; Peace Education Foundation Conflict Management K-Parent Curriculum; Peer Mediation K-12 Trainer – The New Mexico Center for Dispute Resolution
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Education & Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > Classroom Management
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > Decision Making & Problem Solving