|Item Weight||1.9 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||5 x 9 x 5 inches|
|Item model number||WSKTS|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Color||White / Black|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Grit Description||Fine, coarse, medium|
|Included Components||Original Knife & Tool Sharpener, 40° Kitchen Knife Guide, 50° Outdoor Knife Guide, (2) P80 Coarse Abrasive Belts, (2) P220 Medium Abrasive Belts, (2) 6000 Extra-Fine Abrasive Belts, User's Guide|
|Warranty Description||1-Year Warranty covers defects due to workmanship and design, excluding abrasives. Warranty covers consumer use only, not industrial or commercial use.|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $2.50 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Sharpen every knife you own like a pro quickly, easily and with repeatable, consistent results. Creates the sharpest blades you've ever had!
- Easily Replaceable Abrasive Grit Belts. Comes with premium abrasive belts to meet all your sharpening needs: Coarse (P80), Medium (P220) and Fine (6000). Abrasive belts won't burn or damage blade steel during sharpening.
- Precision sharpening guides provide fast, easy, repeatable and consistent results. Kitchen Knife guide sharpens blades to a 40° angle – Outdoor Knife Guide sharpens to a 50° angle.
- Can also be used to sharpen a wide range of bladed shop tools and lawn and garden tools such as Lawn Mower Blades, Garden Pruners, Shears, Shovels, Scrapers and more. Also makes the ideal hand held detail grinder
- 1-year warranty – warranty only valid for North American 110v power source applications. Use of power converters for 220V not recommended. Can be run with 12V power inverter (min. 150 watt) from car, truck, RV, boat, etc.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Sharpen All Your Knives & Tools
|Ken Onion Edition||Original Knife & Tool Sharpener||Combo Knife Sharpener|
|Angle(s)||Adjustable 15° - 30°||20° and 25°||25°|
|Abrasives||3/4 x 12" Abrasive Belts - P120 Extra-Coarse, X65 Coarse, X22 Medium, X4 Fine, 6000 Extra-Fine||1/2 x 12" Abrasive Belts - P80 Coarse, P220 Medium, 6000 Fine||1/2 x 12" Abrasive Belts, Fine Tapered Ceramic Rod|
|Sharpens||Knives, Serrations, Edge Tools, Gut Hooks, Scissors||Knives, Serrations, Edge Tools, Gut Hooks, Scissors||Knives, Serrations|
Compare with similar items
Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition
Presto Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener, 2 stage, Black
Amesser Knife Sharpener Diamond Wheel - Quickly Sharpen, Honing, Polish Kitchen Knives with 3 Stage Grit 360/600/1000, Anti·Slip Mat and Cut Resistant Glove for Safety (Light Gray)
Knife Sharpener - Upgrade Made of Full Metal Bracket - Sharpens, Hones, Polishes Beveled Blades, Standard Blades, Chef's Knives - Safe, Easy to Use Kitchen Tools by Ehoyal
|Color||White / Black||(unset)||Multi/None||Black||Light Gray||Silver|
Other Info: Replaceable abrasive grit belts. Won't burn or damage blade steel. Precision sharpening guides for kitchen, pocket, hunting, and serrated knives. 6 foot power cord. Three belts (P80-coarse, P220-Medium, and 6000-Fine). Instructional guide and DVD. Boxed.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
--- The Good ---
1. Probably the fastest sharpener out there!
2. Quality edge, smooth and holds long!
3. Belt sharpening in "a pocket"!
--- The Bad ---
I have a knife collection from 2" to 15" knives, so I needed a good sharpener, but here is why it did not work for me:
1. There is fine metal dust in the air, which goes in the face. Use a mask and do it outside. I was breathing the metal dust initially (because I was not aware of it), which is as fine as flour. It was hurting my nostrils a few days later. I wish there was warning about that.
2. The fine metal dust gets on the angle guides and does scratch the blades, especially if they are black coated. To avoid that you have to clean the guides all the time. This might be fine for kitchen knives, but would not work for high quality collectibles. Now some of my knives have horizontal scratches.
3. It is not suitable for short blades.I ruined the tip of my Spyderco Dragonfly. I guess that goes for any belt sharpener, but again, I wish there was indication of that.
Conclusion: If you need it for your long kitchen knives and want to step up from regular sharpeners, this probably is the best investment. But be careful if you will use this for you knife collection. I decided to go to the old manual sharpening because it is more controllable. Yes, it takes me 40 minutes per knife vs 1-2 minutes with this sharpener, but again, it all depends on what you need it for.
Starter pack of belts has done over 80 knifes of all types, fish knife is a bone slicer now, 4 axes, 3 hatchets, 9 lawnmower blades, and a few scissors. Hooked my brothers up and sharpened their stuff, they are buying me new belts. and the old ones are still doing the job.
Amazon has replacement belts that can fine fine hone blade to razor. Even a diamond belt for ceramic knifes. I have razor sharp axe and hatchets now, had them for 20yrs and wish i did this a long time ago. Lawnmower blades can be sharpened w/out taking off lawnmower. Grass cuts clean and yard is amazing,, really never thought a sharp lawnmower blade would make such a difference. Old butcher block kitchen knife set is better than new now. Steak slices like butter. Yes I am a big fan, and don't think you need the variable speed unit,, this base model works fast, and does the job. did i mention scissors, hunting knife going thru deer skin like a scalpel, .... get it.. stop lookin'.
I was thinking I was getting something about the same, but on a smaller scale. It a lot smaller scale.
Belts are maybe 1" wide and very thin. You just glide the blade over the belts with no pressure. You will wear the grit off the belts if you put any pressure on the knife at all.
Light weight. Easy to store. Easy to change belts. Works well with kitchen knives and scissors. Works especially well with fillet knives. It left a beautiful sharp smooth edge on all my kitchen sized knives.
I about wore out a set of med. and light grit belts just sharpening my pocket knife, which has a titanium blade. It is tough to sharpen. This machine did the trick, but it takes a lot to get it sharp.
I would not use for anything else bigger than a butcher knife. I bought this thing after reading reviews and reading the questions/answers on Amazon.
Some people answer yes to anything. Some people answer these questions and rate without using it.
Great for the kitchen only. Do not buy if you are thinking about sharpening anything heavy. IT is not a "Tool" quality sharpener. It is a kitchen knife and scissor sharpener.
Not very useful for things like shovels, mower blades and machetes. Nothing with a thick dull blade.
If it wasn't for the "Tool" sharpener wording, I would give it a better score. But it isn't much of a tool sharpener for things such as a screw driver, chisel or mower blade. Get a good quality belt sander for "Tools".
Top reviews from other countries
Word of caution - no matter how experienced you think you are, practice on an old knife before touching anything you value. This machine requires a delicate touch and a bit of practice but otherwise is very very easy to use
I got this sharpener to keep kitchen blades and outdoor knives and axes sharp as it takes so long to get everything really sharp by hand.
The belts allow you to quickly re-profile a blade, take out any nick's etc, and the finishing belts allow you to get a knife so sharp you can shave with it in a fraction of the time you would take with stones.
If, like me, once you start sharpening by hand you get everything out, then this is probably for you, it is really quick and extremely accurate, every commercial kitchen should have one.
The reason I gave 4 stars is for the switch that doesn't stay on. Have to hold on it to operate.