- File Size: 130 KB
- Print Length: 48 pages
- Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press (June 25, 2013)
- Publication Date: June 25, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00DFM4XE4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #871,772 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$3.99|
Save $0.96 (24%)
Work Smarter with LinkedIn Kindle Edition
|Length: 48 pages|
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I do not necessarily agree with this book's advice that every connection you make on LinkedIn must pass the "favor" test, that is every connection you make you should be willing to do a favor for. LinkedIn is a fantastic tool, and in many cases the more connections you have, regardless of their quality, the better. There is power in being an Open Networker and there is a reason so many LinkedIn users describe themselves as such. Though I do agree with the author that the more quality relationships you can develop, the more useful a LinkedIn profile becomes.
But overall this is a great introductory primer to LinkedIn. I would recommend this to anyone first starting out on the website.
LinkedIn has been around for a while. And there have been several books written about the site. So when a new book comes out on LinkedIn I read it not so much for good structure, good grammar, and reasonable content. Instead, I read it to see if there is something new between its covers on the subject. Unfortunately for the instant book being reviewed the underlying premise of the book is too simple, and there really was nothing new offered. I did not need to read this book to be reminded that the principle of "Garbage-in translates into Garbage-out" when it comes to building a database of networking contacts.
The outline of the booklet is simple: (1) Introduction, (2) Be picky or selective when allowing connections to your resume, (3) Be clear, diplomatic [polite] when dealing with your connections, (4) Be effective with your network, i.e., don't waste it or forget you have it to be used, and (5) Conclusion. Doesn't this sound like common sense? Duh? Well, it does to me. 3 stars!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Alexandra Samuel has written a clear and concise essay on how to use LinkedIn. The main idea is as follows:
"This book suggests that you accept only LinkedIn connections... Read more
Alexandra has provided a practical, implementable, easy to read overview of one of THE best social media resources (even though LinkedIn is an oldie... Read morePublished on June 28, 2013 by Neen James Communications
Unlike Twitter, Facebook, or Google+, LinkedIn is not primarily an online hangout or communications channel; it is more usefully understood as a cross between a dream phone book... Read morePublished on June 27, 2013 by John Gibbs
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management
- Books > Business & Money > Skills
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media > Social Media for Business
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Business & Money
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Computers & Technology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Education & Reference > Business Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Job Hunting & Careers > Job Hunting
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Management > Management Skills
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Skills