Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 11, 2013
Sam Carpenter has written an immensely valuable book on systems and process thinking and its wonderful relevance and application to every kind of business (and life in general).
The underlying premise, that nothing exists outside of cause and effect, is supported by his real world experience (and failings) as a business owner. That he was able to turn his thinking and entrenched habits around, and subsequently apply the paradigm shift to all aspects of his company operations, provides an excellent and authentic case study to support his experience.
His personal anecdotes, as well as practical examples, will provide you with powerful lessons and applications to identify where you can make an immediate and powerful difference in your own business.
I highly recommend this book.
on June 19, 2013
I'm a process expert and already use processes in my business - and it's only me and an assistant! I got more ideas from Sam's book - including the concept of applying this to my personal life to simplify those repetitive things.
on May 28, 2017
Nice book well received
on September 6, 2016
This book is for everyone who wants thrive in their job, their business, or their life. It breaks the process down step by step and puts the ball in your court. You will set your direction, clarify your values, and create a step by step guide to your success. The book is easy to read and will inspire you to get started on your future.
on November 2, 2017
I enjoyed reading about Sam's life with his business and everything he did. There's nothing quite like being there and by reading Sam's book, I felt like I was there with him as he went through the many changes described in the book.
on May 7, 2011
An excellent book describing systems thinking. Based on the author's experience, he describes in very clear detail how anyone can apply systems level thinking to their job, business or personal life. The author points out that the keys to the successful implementation of this approach are very simple; determination, taking action and persistence.
In summary, create a high level vision, from this create rules, next document all of your systems and subsystems supporting these rules, then follow up with detailed working procedures that progress step-by-step in a linear fashion for each subsystem. Finally, optimize or replace theses procedures or systems until they are efficient and effective. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less
on February 9, 2013
I got a free sample of an earlier version of this book some time ago. Somehow I lost it, and so bought this newest version for my Kindle.
It is a simple concept but not one you necessarily think about until it's explained. Even though the author focuses on his answering service business, many of the same issues apply to any business. It is very useful to have the sample documents he includes in the book.
If your business isn't working the way you would like, give this a chance. Very reasonable price to pay for invaluable advice.
on August 21, 2017
Excellent book...full of insights and provides a clear path to developing systems throughout the enterprise for procedures which can be performed again and again with the same level of efficiency and outcome. Great for all kinds of enterprises.
on March 27, 2013
So many of us in small business are overwhelmed on a daily basis with our work. Something we start because we love it ends up being something we no longer even enjoy after a few years.
Usually the problem is that we become the hardest working employee and the Mr.Fix-it who ends up constantly putting out fires instead of managing our business. This book put me back on track, helping develop systems that let the business be operated by my employees and leaves me the time and energy to develop the business and increase my profits while reducing the stress I was under. A must read for all small business owners!
on April 19, 2013
This book was great. As I am building my business, I'm always looking for ways to work ON my business and not IN my business. This book gives you just that. It explains why you need systems, why they'll benefit you in the short term and long term (imagine able to sell your business one day as an all-in-one package), how they help your employees, and more. It sometimes felt long at times, but the author does does this to really hammer his points home. I know I'll be using this methodology going forward.