Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 74 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on August 8, 2013
Absolutely love this thing! Im a big guy 6', 300lbs, and it fits me with room to spare. Honestly, it makes me think of being about 12 and sitting in my Dad's old office chair.

As for assembly, there is kind of a trick to getting the arms on. I know a lot of people have trouble with this! Don't tighten any of the bolts of the arms or the chair back beyond finger tight until you have them all in and threaded. The extra little bit of play this provides makes assembly a breeze. Once they are all in, go ahead and cinch everything down.

Oh, and for some reason my cat loves sleeping in this chair. He never went near any of my old ones. Go figure.
on December 11, 2015
Amendment to my review:
After having this chair for a little over a year, it started making a popping and grinding sound when my husband would rotate and lean back on it. After emailing the company, Office Star Products, and confirming that it was still within warranty, they decided that it was the base plate and seat bottom. Those items were sent to me and unfortunately, they were not the solution to the noise. After trying to remove the hydraulic cylinder and loose ball bearings and a rubber washer fell out, a second call for help was made and a hardware pack was sent instead of the cylinders. Another call was made and the cylinder was finally sent. So now I have a new seat cushion, base plate, hardware pack and cylinder but a piece from the cylinder was jammed into the wheel/leg piece. I called again and the wheel leg piece was sent with the instructions to just pop out the caster wheels and put them in the new piece. Well those wheels do not pop out. 3 grown, mechanically inclined men couldn't get them out. So I made my final call for new caster wheels and those were sent. So now I have almost a brand new chair, but it has taken. Them almost 3 months to get this figured out. How disappointing! As we are assembling the chair, we discover that the new seat cushion is not the correct one, despite the part number being correct. None of the screw holes matched up. NONE! Then we also find out that the hardware pack they sent is also not the correct one as none of the numbers match and there are not enough screws. We end up having to use the old seat cushion, which is still perfectly fine, and the new base plate, cylinder, wheels and legs just to make one whole, functional chair. While their customer service is ok and the people seem to want to help, their ability to troubleshoot is subpar. I was a seat back away from a brand new chair, albeit one made from the wrong parts. Just do yourself a favor and don't buy this chair. It's not worth the hassle of the two year warranty. Do some research and spend a little extra for a better chair. Incredibly underwhelmed and unimpressed with Office Star Products!

Wow! Just wow. I purchased this chair for my husband as an early Christmas gift. He works from home and his old chair was breaking and making awful grinding noises. It was time to replace it and the reviews on this chair were very favorable. I wasn't expecting the package to be so heavy, but after I boxing it, I could tell it was very well made and sturdy. It was a bit tricky to get the back attached to the base and to get the arm screws matches up, but if you do some adjustments, it goes together smoothly. It took two of us to get it together, but the directions were clear and precise and we got it assembled in less than 30 minutes. The material is perforated leather looking vinyl. The color, while called espresso brown, is very dark and quite professional looking. The cushioning on the seat and the back is supportive and very comfortable. We were able to adjust the height and recline features without much hassle. So far, he loves it and is very happy to have a comfortable chair that's quiet. One thing I would recommend, once you have the seat and back attached by screws and are trying to put the arms on, if the holes don't match up you may need to loosen the screws underneath and shorten or lengthen the distance between seat and the back. Once we had that figured out, everything lined up and was a breeze to assemble. Highly recommended!
on January 25, 2014
I have purchased about a dozen executive style chairs over the past 25 to 30 years, all which were rated for people up to 250 pounds. I currently weigh 265, and every chair I have had for the past 5 or 6 years has had the same 2 problems: (1) the piston ultimately fails, and you are sitting about 12" off of the floor, and/or (2) the composite armrests which hold the back and seat together are weak, and break after time of leaning back in the chair. My last chair was $200 from Office Depot, and on this chair the company actually replaced the composite arms when they broke the 1st time. When they recently broke again, and as this chair is now out of warranty, I choose to look at another option, when I found this chair. I searched for several hours online before finding this chair, and found that (for the price) it had the most consistent amount of positive reviews, so I decided to give this one a try. I just put the chair together, and it feels more sold than any other chair I have owned. Not only is it rated for over 350 pounds, but it also has a higher adjustment than any other chair I have had in the past. Also, the arms are shorter, so I can slide my chair further beneath my desk, enabling me a more comfortable ergonomics on the keyboard. Although the arms are still composite (not metal), they are different than all of the others, so HOPEFULLY they will not break when I lean back. All in all, I am very happy with this, and time will tell, but it appears to be much better quality and much more sturdy than any other chair I had in the past, even at the same cost...... One last note, and most reviewers had a comment on this. The assembly is tricky ONLY because you MUST leave all of the screws loose / not fully tightened, in order to get the last screw(s) to align with their socket. Also, do yourself a favor and throw away the allen wrench they provide, and use a socket wrench with allen tip. Otherwise, you will not have enough leverage to fully tighten the screws, plus your hands will really take a beating with this tiny tool they provide.
on February 6, 2013
This chair has lots of padding and the instructions for assembling it are great--clear with all the parts labeled so no guesswork. The chair looks elegant and strong. The holes for screws are indeed drilled incorrectly but, with many muscles, we got that to work. The people at the customer service center were quite helpful figuring that out. The dimensions listed are not right. What you actually get is a seat that is 22" wide by 19" deep. The width is ample for a big person but the depth leave me perched forward, literally on the edge of the seat. That is not comfortable at all. I will sell this one and buy another because returning the chair will be quite expensive but I'm not satisfied with it.
on February 18, 2013
At 5'11" and 165 lbs. I am neither big or tall, but this chair is perfect for me. I tend to sit all over the place; with one leg thrown over the arm of the chair, one foot up on the seat, or sitting on one leg. This chair is ideal for that. The seat dimensions are the same as the chair I have in my living room, so there's plenty of room to curl up and move around in.

The build quality is good. It feels very sturdy, particularly the steel legs and thick arms. The arms aren't attached in the usual way, that is, by a curved metal strap or tongue that then screws in to the bottom of the chair. They screw directly in to the sides of the seat and the back. 2 screws in each, on each side. This reinforces the back of the chair. Of course, with this method the back will not recline independently, but the whole chair does tilt back and allows for rocking. You can also lock the chair upright but not in a reclined position. When locked upright, there is about an inch of wobble to the chair, front to back, but not side to side. I can live with that. There is a decent amount of tension while reclining so you don't just flop back, but truly rock. The nylon casters are large and beefy, and glide easily over my carpeting.

There is ample padding on the seat and back. The padding on the arms is a bit thinner and not as firm as the rest, but it's enough for the weight of your arms. Be aware that they sit just a little lower than the arms on standard chairs as this is made for larger people. They're fine for me, but they might sit a little low for people with short arms. They are not adjustable.

The piston that raises and lowers the chair seems solid. I keep it on the lowest setting, which is fine for my average height. This chair might sit too high if you are much shorter, unless you invest in a footrest. Despite the depth of the chair seat, I am able to get my lower back up against the back rest without the front of the seat digging in to the back of my knees, but just barely. If your uncertain about this, sit in a straight backed chair and use a tape measure or yardstick to measure from the back of the chair to the back of your knees. Ideally, there should be a couple of inches of space between the front of the seat and the back of your knees. That's what ergonomists say anyway.

Honestly, for the price, you're not going to get the finest leather, and this isn't. It's not all that thick, and the grain and dye job make it look more like fake leather, but the stitching is appears to be strong, and barring any accidents or abuse, it seems it will hold up well. Time will tell. I will update this if I encounter any problems.

The chair was easy to assemble, except for the arms, which leads to the one con I have for this chair.
Because they require 4 screws each (2 to the seat, 2 to the back) they are amazingly difficult to attach to the chair. It doesn't help that the holes for the arms were off by about 1/8 of an inch on the right side. I have a physically demanding job, and workout regularly, so I'm a pretty strong guy, but it was still quite an effort torquing this chair in to submission in order to get all eight screws in. Granted, this may have been just a quality control issue with my chair, but other reviews lead me to believe this is a common problem with this model. Having an extra pair of hands would help a lot. Just keep that in mind when you order.

As expensive as good office/task chairs are these days, this chair is a good deal. Once assembled, it is extremely comfortable for working in or just lounging in, watching a movie or listening to music. If you are big or tall, or just like a chair you can move around in, I would suggest putting this in your list of considerations.
on November 28, 2015
I bought this chair in April of 2014, and still use it every day. I work and play online, so when I say "use every day" I mean 12+ hours every single day, 7 days a week. I'm 230 pounds and would go through a Wal-Mart style chair or two every year because the arms would break off from me leaning on them or putting too much weight on one while standing up/sitting down. The cushions always flattened down pretty quickly so they were only comfortable for a few months at best.

This chair still looks like the day I bought it, minus some dog hair that is all-pervasive in my house at least. The cushion is still soft and comfortable. The leather is still unripped and uncracked. I've never done anything really to take care of it. Even the arm rests which are always cracked or ripping after a year on my other chairs are still flawless. The lift is still strong and hasn't lost it's pressure.

This was my first "expensive" chair I've ever bought, and considering it's saved me buying 2-4 other chairs during the same time frame.. I gotta say it was worth every single penny.
I love my chair! Very comfortable and easy on the body if you seat at the computer for long hours. One point, like so many others who bought this we had a hard time putting the arms in. The alignment of the predrilled holes is off by about one-eigth of an inch. We tried to force it in place and finally gave up with the last screw before we stripped it. It is still secured to the chair and I hope with use it will still be OK. For me, the comfort of this chair outweighed the problem with the arms, so I kept the chair.
on October 3, 2016
This is a fine chair for a normal size person. The executive I bought the chair for is 6'4", 250 lbs and the chair rides too high and does not have enough "bum length" for him. It will do, and for the price, it's a good value, but be aware of the high ride height and stiff pad if this is for a large person. Our other options for him were all in the $700+ range, so it makes sense this isn't perfect.

You will see other reviews talking about "poor alignment of holes" etc... but the reality is, just pilot the screws through so they are half in before tightening any of them and you won't have any problems getting the pieces to line up for assembly. Once they are all started, THEN tighten them to the max.
on February 7, 2013
I finally broke down and replaced my old, broken down office chair with this one....and I love it! It is sturdy and comfortable. It was somewhat challenging to put together and I did have to call for a replacement seat part, but the customer service was exceptional and when the new seat was in place, it went together like a dream. It IS a big and tall chair, so for more vertically challenged folks, it will be too tall. But it is PERFECT for me and provides a feeling of stability while being just the right amount of cushy. Happy as can be!
on May 3, 2016
The chair arrived on time but, the box was in really bad shape which I ended up finding a tear in the leather. The real problem was the arms that were to fasten in 3-places. The mounting holes in the arms did not match the mounting holes in the chair, not even close. It was off far enough that it was like arms for a different chair all together. Bottom line is I sent it back in a the box it came in all taped with duct tape.