"Meany has put together the definitive book on wood window repair and restoration. . . [it is] written with excellent detail, helpful diagrams, simple and clear instructions, and a good bit of Meany's wry humor to make it a lively read. It is an absolutely indispensable part of any wood-window-owning do-it-yourselfer's home library." -- Amazon.com
"Whether you simply need to eliminate drafts or want to tackle complex stripping, author Meany is sure to steer you in the right direction. Remember, the windows really are the eyes of your home." --Timber Homes Illustrated
"Working Windows leaves the subject of window design and installation to other authors, and instead concentrates on something more basic to homeowners: getting the windows you already have to work properly for what they were designed and installed to do."--Woodshop News
From the Back Cover
Inside you will find:
• detailed instruction for disassembling and repairing various types of wood
• repair hints and tricks of the trade you won't find anywhere else
• easy ways to clean and restore original hardware
• safe and efficient methods of stripping, refinishing, and painting
• effective ways to eliminate drafts and rattles
• methods for glass cleaning
• invaluable information on tools and materials and more.
Working Windows, 3rd Edition is the only fully illustrated guide to repairing and refinishing every part of an old window, from weather stripping, pulleys, sashes, hopper vents, and casings to old hinges, paint, and glass.
Whether you are a craftsman or a do-it-yourself homeowner, you will find Working Windows, 3rd Edition packed with essential advice and instruction to get your windows looking great and operating smoothly.