Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 26, 2015
As someone who grew up in a competitive culture where constantly working on myself was the only thing I knew how to do (and the right thing to do, clearly), I greeted this book with deep skepticism.

After reading Working on Yourself Doesn't Work and a little over a year later...I don't work on myself anymore. I don't work on anyone else either. I've learned an entirely new way to look at life that enriches me, my love, my friends, my family, anyone I come into contact with. And though it blows my mind on a near daily basis my life keeps expanding and paradoxically gets easier the more I'm in the moment. From this book I discovered my center and when I lost it for a time, this book was waiting for me as though completely new to help me find a new path back to my center again. Each time I read this book a new gem I glossed over or didn't quite understand yet reveals itself to me.

This book stands apart for ditching the fluff and sticking to the good stuff. It's a treasure trove.
on September 10, 2014
I was told by many people, including a psychologist, that I would always have to work on my perfectionism and long-term habit of worrying. Working on Yourself Doesn't Work gave me a new possibility, that simply noticing these habits without judging them allows them to fall away. I have seen improvements in all areas of my life. I have gained confidence by doing things in my professional and personal life that I did not imagine were possible before discovering that working on yourself, really doesn't work. Read this book!
on April 20, 2015
Like any truly great work on self-realization, this book doesn't tell you anything you don't already know to be true. It asks you to choose to be more aware of these eternal truths.

If you are looking for help establishing a paradigm of transformation, awareness and effortless joy, then this is the book for you. It inspires me to be more of my authentic self while doing less to achieve my authentic self. This is my second reading, the first having been over two years ago. I think I got just as much out of the second reading as I did the first. Highly recommended.
on May 21, 2014
I regret the years of my life I have wasted with harboring the major cutting negatives, and hurts, that have passed in my lifes wake. I don't even remember how I came across this book, but I am very grateful that I did. As
I read it, I underlined the wordage that hit the bells in my own life---and then I would write the page number in the back of the book for future reference.. This book gave me an entire new outlook and one which I am very grateful for. I even called the Kane's to thank them--but we were playing phone tag---so I wrote them a heartfelt thank you letter.. Of all the many books I have read on dealing with life---this one is the very best. I just can't heap enough praise on this book.
A friend of ours lost his 19 year old son on Christmas Eve in a car crash. He is seriously hurting trying to deal with this great loss. I recommended this book to him and I pray he gets the profound help from it, that it gave me. I consider this book to be solid Gold, and I will always be grateful to the Kanes for writing it..
on December 16, 2014
This book is absolutely wonderful as it deals with self-awareness. I have read many books on this subject. This, by far, is one of the best books I have read. It has really made me think about who I really am at any given moment. I like that it explains that we are to live moment by moment and not negate our emotions. I also see that we can tell ourselves stories because of the thoughts we place in our minds. I like the way the authors have explained these things in this book.
on June 11, 2014
Bought this about 5 years ago when I was going through a rough time during my divorce. Great help, maybe even transformative.
on February 25, 2012
After 'working' on myself for many years I was at a crossroad where none of my spiritual skills seemed to get me over my hump in life. I saw a review for Ariel and Shya Kanes book Working on Yourself Doesn't Work and thought what have I been doing all these years. After reading my life just transformed without work. The Kanes concepts are practical implications anyone can apply in their lives. If you're looking for a practical approach to living with ease and flow in the moment then this is a read for you.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 20, 2010
Like other reviewers have noted, there's a lot of material that previously been presented other teachers. Even some of the nomenclature sounds like it derived from Eckhart Tolle. But you can say the same thing about Tolle, the folks at Sedona, Frank Kinslow and a boatload of other authors. It's all been rehashed over thousands of years. But the reality is that an infinitesimal percentage of the 6.8 billion inhabitants of the world are aware of these powerful techniques it's a good for more teachers to get the word out. I just wish that the Kanes would acknowledge other authors who inspired their message.

That being said, this book has had powerfully positive impact on me. There is one idea in the book, that caused a major shift in how I view the external world. This idea of "viewing the world without attaching any judgement to anything you encounter" has been taught endlessly for thousands of years. BUT, the Kanes came up with a unique way of teaching it which I've never heard before. It can be summed up in one paragraph. Out of fairness to the authors, I won't reveal it here, but in my opinion it is worth for more than the price of the book.

In fact, as I write this, it's Monday morning. I woke up with the usual Monday morning blahs. Using the Kane's strategy, I flipped it around and became totally positive, energetic and productive. I haven't had such a beautiful Monday as this in years.

They get 4 stars from me. Would have been 10 stars if they had made some mention of how they've been inspired by other teachers before them.
on September 28, 2015
This book was my introduction to the Kanes’ work. It was such a departure from all the other books and things I have tried in the past to find happiness and joy in my life. I was taken with the idea that working on yourself to become a better you doesn't work. I saw in my own life, I have tried to work on things I didn't like to improve my life. However, I was always left with an empty feeling after the attainment of my goals and I was then on to the next goal. Discovering this moment is such a gift. This book has led me to work with the Kanes and my life has never been more fun, easy, and satisfying in all circumstances!
on November 9, 2008
I laughed out loud the first time I saw the title of this amazing book. As a person who had been working on herself for 30+ years, I knew there was truth within the pages of this book, just by reading the title. Ariel & Shya Kane's 3 simple ideas have truly transformed my life. What a relief! I have found satisfaction in who I am. My life is excellent. It's amazing how easy the lifestyle of living in the moment truly is. I have found well-being by reading this book.

If you're ready to see just how easy enlightenment really is, I highly suggest reading "Working On Yourself Doesn't Work, 3 Simple Ideas That Will Instantaneously Transform Your Life". Next you should check out Being Here: Modern Day Tales of Enlightenment. This is another book by the Kanes that will transport your life into the moment. Their #1 internet radio show called "Being Here" on The 7th Wave Network channel on Voice America.com is another fun avenue to discover the magic of the moment. Check it out!