Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Math Workout for the GMAT, 2nd Edition (Graduate School Test Preparation)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

on March 21, 2006
There's no way around it, the Princeton Review does have some helpful tips. For example, I really like their technique of "A/D" or "B/C/E" for data sufficiency (Kaplan never really gets around to making its advice in this area so concrete). It's a good idea to go through the Princeton Review resources early in order to put yourself in a good mindset for doing well. However, I do find the books light on REAL math - the math you'll need to get a breakthrough score. Definitely recommend this book for practice and tips, but not sufficient if you want to go more deeply into math concepts to break the 700 barrier.
on April 1, 2008
This book is a decent supplement, but don't make it the only book you use to prepare for the Quantitative section of the GMAT.

I bought this after going through the full Princeton and GMAT guides (the ones that cover all test topics). I found that my math skills still needed a lot of exercise, so I ordered Princeton's Math Workout.

On the plus side, I've found that it has some helpful tips that weren't in the full Princeton book. However, its explanations of most topics are quite weak. The author will dedicate a couple of paragraphs to the basics of a subject, then present you with sample questions to solve. Too many times, the sample questions are quite a bit more complex than what he covered in his explanations.

If you're good at math, this won't be much of a problem for you. But then again, if you're good at math, you probably don't need this book. I'm NOT good at math, and need a guide that covers the topics in-depth rather than just giving me the basics and expecting me to extrapolate more advanced concepts from that.

I've also found a couple of typos in the book, which is particularly disturbing when you consider that it has a 2005 copyright. After three years, Princeton couldn't see fit to release a revised edition? The book also says you get six sheets of scratch paper stapled together when you take the GMAT. However, the big Princeton book says you get 10 sheets of laminated graph paper and an erasable marker. A minor thing, somewhat, but two guides from the same publisher shouldn't contradict one another.
on July 1, 2007
I decided to use this book as a supplement to a prep class I took. I was extremely disappointed to find that the book contains content errors. I am halfway through the book and I have already found 2 errors. If I had not already studied for the GMAT I would have gotten these problem types wrong on the GMAT. This book is also does not show you how to shorten your computations. I think this book is only good for a refresher and should be accompanied by a more thorough guide.
on August 9, 2006
The book was very helpful for advice on handling data sufficiency questions. However, it also states that Positive*Positive=Negative in the box at the bottom of pg 46. It then has an example of how untrue this is next to the writing. Seeing this significant of an typo decreased my confidence in the rest of the basic math explanations in the book.
on October 13, 2005
Excellent preparation for the GMAT Math section. Provides simple ways of answering math/word problems without having to use time consuming complex math formulas. Shows ways of solving different types of problems along with a general math refresher.
on December 5, 2009
this text is indeed extremely useful as a refresher for individuals who have been out of school for some time.
on August 29, 2008
Good book for preparing GMAT , Quant Section.

Must buy at any cost
on March 2, 2006
Excellent, practical review. Good resource for practice.
on February 6, 2016
This is best book I could read to crack GMAT by all means. The analytics, section under Maths, english passage and all have been described very well.
on July 23, 2010
This book was a very helpful resource for tips and tricks and how information around solving the similar type problems you see in the GMAT over and over again. I was always an A/B student and math was no exception, but I had to study hard for every math test as it does not come naturally for me. for those of you who can relate, I needed more preparation time for math than verbal. If you have the time to prepare effectively I would suggets the following:
1)Read GMAT for Dummies first to get reacquainted with the basic algebra, arithmetic and geometry concepts.
2)Read the Princeton Review GMAT book that covers all parts of the test cover to cover
3)Read this book next as it teaches you better tricks for answering tougher ratio, algebra and sufficieny problems than the General GMAT review book
4) If you have time, buy the Princetone Review book with the 1000 plus math problems to practice ( ihad only a month to prepare so I did not take this last step but it would have been helpful)

Finally, wear layers to the testing center because I was distracted by the cold AC and my subsequent headache and runny nose!!