Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
asked by Jim Keith on November 20, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
i am having similar problems with my pair, already have exchanged them 3 times now with almost identical outcomes each time!
Hasan Poonawala answered on February 14, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
had the same problem. Mic stopped working after the first time I used at the gym. Calles Bose and they say this is typical - a well know problem that they haven't fixed yet. Suggested the IE2 instead (no mic, no controls). Don't invest $130 on these if you'll use it at the gym.
Alex answered on March 12, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've gone through three different pairs of these over a span of 2 years. Bose has been wonderful in allowing for a hassle/cost-free exchange, but these won't hold up to sweat/any type of moisture.
Jason Weingardt answered on July 10, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I also, go through a pair each year. I bike about 8-9,000 miles a year and sweat profusely. On every pair the housing breaks down and the wires become exposed. I keep buying them though because its the only pair I have found to (1) stay-put (2) deliver great sound (3) provide control of music easily and (4) not completely obliterate all outside noise. I need to hear those cars coming.
G. Tolsdorf answered on February 22, 2014
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the info! My friend ended up buying these and had the same problem. I ended up buying a pair of sweat-proof Sennheisers. Sennheiser Adidas CX 680i Sports Headset (Discontinued by Manufacturer) They arrive today.
Jim Keith answered on March 8, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Teflon tape didn't work, but Bose product support was courteous, at least. Ended up trying the Monster iSport Immersion In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk - Black, which sound great but isn't quite as secure as these Bose...but at least they tolerate sweat!
C. Lee answered on March 12, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I wonder if wrapping some teflon tape around the controls would resolve the sweat problem on these?
C. Lee answered on August 7, 2011

A
AKA answered on August 5, 2012
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
D. Pauls answered on May 12, 2014

A
Yes, they stand up well to the rigor of workouts. Mine were purchased for this reason (vigorous activity) and I use them all the time. I love them. I can't speak for the sweat, although I think the design would make them more suitable then other models.
A Mclane answered on October 29, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product